An open source procedural terrain generator, that doesn’t utilize default Roblox terrain. Terrains that are generated are supposed to be static (non-editable).
- Uses OOP - it can handle multiple terrains with different settings
- Is an fractional Brownian motion created with exponentially destributed Perlin noise with domain warping. It makes more natural-looking terrain with fewer mountains.
- Have a falloff feature, that allows you to create land completely surrounded with water.
- River and lake generation
- A simple forest generator
It is split on 2 main parts:
- Terrain descriptor - is a facade for all data structures of the terrain.
- Terrain builder - builds terrain in a workspace using data provided by terrain descriptor.
Currently built terrain consists only from square tiles.
I’ll implement polygonal terrain soon.
Short video about the development process: