Procedurally generated city buildings

I’ve been working on a game with some friends, and we’ve reached the map building part, but none of us really want to build the giant city we need, so I’ve opted for just procedurally generating it.

The issue?

Well I don’t want just parts with windows, I want interiors too, and I’d rather not have to build each segment for a building(fine with building furniture that goes within), but there aren’t really any published methods(that I found), and so I’m sort of lost as to how to go about this.

I’d like a system that I can input a base size for the building, and then it pretty much just makes it for me, if you know of one and are willing to share it, or have a decent idea of where to start on this, please don’t hesitate to respond

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask away.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

You can do it with wave collapse. you can find here.

I don’t know how I would go about implementing this into city building, do you have an example(preferably with a bit of code) of it?

(I’m used to using noise generation sorry for lacking competence)

you can learn from here. I know its a little bit long but its usefull.

3 Likes

I thought that was Pewdiepie for a second lol.

I made procedurally made backrooms using 82 lines, Maybe you could learn something there

Backrooms.rbxl (40.2 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.