Prohibit low-effort 'meme' content in Cool Creations

I found the exact same topic that @souppression was talking about, and I realized that the replies of these “meme” topics are actually even more off-topic than the original post. Just take a look at these:

These topics are obviously created just to boost DevForum stats, which really doesn’t make any sense considering that they don’t really matter. Just look at the stats from this one:

Now it’s important not to call out these particular users, because some of them might be doing this because they might be new to building and they just want to show off their work, but the problem is when they repeatedly spam topics (usually up to twice a day) on Cool Creations that feature low-quality builds/models. These things would honestly be a better thing to post on waywoc where less clutter is being shown, and so there are less off-topic replies.

5 Likes

I agree with this now. The people who post this content are preventing me from getting feedback on my builds. :pensive:

7 Likes

To be neutral here.

At the very least, if moderation can’t be done about it,
they could get their own area to separate it.

But I dunno if that’s a solution, considering
the argument this * is * a (usually) professional forum.

I have to disagree. While the comments aren’t constructive, there are various people who find them funny.
We (as creators) without the regulars role, are heavily restricted to our forums without the lounge. Meme content once and awhile is normal for any platform. Prohibiting it is like making this a military (lack of better example).

Cool creations isn’t exactly for build feedback. While yes, people share feedback, isn’t that the purpose of #help-and-feedback:building-support?

While some of these posts seem very meme-y and like stat boosters, you also have to think some people may share the same damn humor and appreciate it. Restricting creative freedom is not what Roblox is about and this forum is for all developers of all kind, despite their skill level, likeness, and ideas.

But they can always post it in the #waywoc. The posts are so short and insignificant, you might as well call it spam.

4 Likes

Where did you get this from? It is explicitly encouraged to use #help-and-feedback:cool-creations for feedback. #help-and-feedback:building-support and any other support category is for requesting help on an issue.

These meme topics get more traction than actual topics, so it is reasonable for them to not be allowed. And #waywoc exists

5 Likes

Sorry, didn’t exactly know. Thank you for correcting me. I don’t use those categories on the forum at all, just assumed ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just saw this in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations.

It has the same old “11/10 stars amazing” type replies. I hope we don’t see a resurgence in these types of posts.

EDIT: Just noticed that someone made a sick logo in cool creations (sick as in good). 2 likes. This topic has no less than 20 likes.

5 Likes

You should be safe, we are talking about people posting low-effort content on #help-and-feedback:cool-creations. Look at the examples above.

2 Likes

I believe it should be kept as a suggestion. Sometimes these “low-effort” posts can benefit from some satirical in-depth feedback.

1 Like

I personally believe they should still be all in a single mega topic, as someone suggested earlier. Since this topic was first made, several of the users that regularly did this eventually got permanently suspended, and the author of the intentionally poorly-drawn builderman was immediately suspended after the topic was taken down, so it looks like Developer Engagement is really cracking down on those kinds of topics. Props to them! :clinking_glasses:

So I believe this issue has died down for now.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s honestly really sad since a lot of people put hard work into it

There’s plenty of other platforms you can post memes on or via a DM.

That’s definitely a meme, wouldn’t be surprised if they taken it off Google Images, I don’t honestly understand why people are posting positive replies instead of leaving criticism for stuff like this.

Definitely support this rule, unless there is clear actual effort then these CC posts should be taken down.

I agree, the replies are half the problem. Let’s look through some of the replies of the builderman topic:

Now let’s see how many likes the posts got:

Just like with troll topics, the replies either praise it or encourage it. People who make meme content often do it as a “like-farm” because they only care about stats, even though most of us could care less about our stats.

If you see any meme topics, please flag them.

6 Likes

This rule only applies to #feature-requests

1 Like

Notice how it says these topics shouldn’t be posted anywhere except Lounge. So it applies everywhere.

2 Likes

Yet the rule is in the ‘feature request specific rules’ they should really make this a general rule as most people don’t read the category specific rules, if they’re not posting there.

1 Like

I pretty much agree with what you’re saying; however, I’d like to say that the likes shouldn’t be something to focus so much on. The section was created for feedback, likes only exist to show how many people agree/like what they posted(hence the name), the only reason why people are liking these posts, are because they are funny to them and ironic, because the builds are garbage, yet they say that it’s fine because they’re just joking and having fun. It’s really annoying, but hey, this is what happens when you open the forums to thousands of idiots who just want bragging rights.

1 Like

Yet another meme / low effort post.

It also includes the generic “I spent 1 hour on this masterpiece it took forever” kind of reply.

I honestly wish cool creations wasn’t full of meme content bc its just annoying at this point. I only go to that category to find some interesting stuff but most of the time I end up finding stuff like this :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I thought this was abstract art why does it count as a low quality post?

It doesn’t look like abstract art, and even if it was what the author intended, it’s pretty bad abstract art.

3 Likes