Project: Classrooms | Devlog [Feedback Needed!]

UI is going along well!

Planned UI Layout:

I really want to test your game out! Only problem is I dont have permission now and want to give a good review. Thanks!

1 Like

With the right execution, any Roblox game has the potential to be successful. I’m excited to see where you take this project and wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

Thanks. We have planned an open beta for the game in December 2023 and a full game release in April 2024. During the open beta, progress will not be savable and some features will be unavailable.

1 Like

(There will be an option to hide the UI during gameplay (which will be turned on by default) in case if a user finds the UI distracting. If “Hide User Interface” is enabled in game settings, if a currency is earned, the Currency UI will show for 5-10 seconds, then fade away. The Health Bar will appear when the player has 99 or less health, and the Energy bar will appear when the player has 99 or less energy)

Note: Values are out of 100 points.

Now this is a very well built game, but if you want it to succeed you will need to set it apart. Doors exists. Thousands of clones of doors exists. The big question you should be asking yourself is “what is my game doing to set it apart from the others?” I am experiencing a similar problem with my sci-fi fps because hundreds of others exist. What your game could have is a unique feature (which is hard in a day and age where so many ideas have already been taken) or potentially a new premise that other games have maybe touched on but not really explored to the best intent. What ever you do I am excited to see this game progress.

2 Likes

This is very true, uniqueness is key and making sure your set apart and offer a unique experience.

1 Like

I made something for The Basement, a warning sign for unauthorized people who enter The Boiler Room in The Basement. Players will be free to enter The Boiler Room, though.

I decided to make this sort of “comedic,” such as adding effects to make some joke words not visible, and some handwriting from some students who accidentally found a box and unleashed a haunted spirit called “The Mastermind,” whose motto was “well, it’s that time again…,” according to the game’s lore. (yes, Classrooms does have a lore)

(The image dimensions are cursed, “666x500” :sweat_smile: Actual dimensions are 960x720)

1 Like

This game is inspired by LSPLASH’s popular game, DOORS and does not reuse any assets or aspects from the game. This was my own idea, and I want to make sure to try and make this as of a successful of a game as possible (probably not so successful that it will go onto Discover - Roblox), my goal is 3-5K active players.

3 Likes

More and More Progress is Being Made! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, game development is currently paused because I am currently practicing my scripting by making random games on Roblox. The release date and open beta may be postponed, but hopefully development will resume after my scripting skills are better.

winderrs

We’re back in development! :slight_smile:

I am also working on a currency system too, which is something I have never done before. I will keep you updated on everything, hopefully working on this game at least twice a week.

Is the entire screen naturally red or what am i looking at

It’s from the effect caused by the light color. Sometimes, it may look a little “red”

Here is a little “projector” I made that will be in most of the Classrooms!

I will also make a desktop projector too, but I won’t make that now.

It even has a working “flash” effect!

edit: idk why the screenshot didn’t load

ok it finally loaded :slight_smile:

clocks, yuh :clock8:

“and I will work on everything else :slight_smile:

Here is a little “podium” thingy that I made for the Classrooms. This thing is not the best thing that I made but it’ll do.

This here is a laptop thing I made for the Classrooms, in which it also syncs to the Projection Systems too. The “teachers” that used to be at this school formerly used these laptops, but when it got haunted by a spirit called “The Mastermind” (according to the game’s lore), every teacher and student from the school vanished, and the school ended up being haunted with various entities and bosses.

Anyways, back to the laptop! I even added a “flicker” effect on the screen where the decal flashes to different transparencies at a random interval (ex: math.random (0.1,0.9))

Here is an image:

took me an hour to build this :sob: :hammer_and_wrench: :computer:

Personally i don’t have a lot to say, other than i think you should try to revise the overall atmosphere of the game. Right now it just looks rather flat and dead rather than anything scary or similar.

Grime, dust, and dirt—you need a more lifelike representation of what it would most likely look like in a classroom that is dingy and dark. Maybe a few cobwebs in the corners, some dirt and scuffs on the floor, or perhaps a tile missing from the ceiling?