Project: Classrooms | Devlog [Feedback Needed!]

I do not have plans to have the game looks like this for the final release, while on the other hand I do have plans to make the Classrooms “scarier” (like having a chance where ceiling tiles would fall off (which would be a pain), thrown down desks (desks that are on the floor instead of on legs), dead lights (a chance where the light is forced on off), and some dirt and trash on the floor.

The game is getting bigger!

I am actually thinking of adding a script to the ceiling tiles that causes the main part to be unanchored after the player enters the room, (which would require me to remake them, and to make the doors for the “rooms.”) I am also thinking of making new lights, which have the capability of powering down unexpectedly, one being force shut down during normal operation (very unlikely), and the light automatically being turned off.

Sorry for not posting here for a while, I’ve just been working on other projects

There is a possible chance where the game may be remade & overhauled during it’s development, with possibly a new concept too. The new concept would be the same thing, traversing through all the classrooms and escaping the school. Since my development skills have improved, I am starting to think that this version of the game is “too bad” for me and I am currently developing at a sloth’s pace right now but lol, I’m not sure how to develop quicker to ready the game for a public beta period before late 2023 - mid 2024.

The overhauled game will have PBR textures for the floors, more optimized, more meshes than unions (a lot of unions tend to make the experience “game” lag nearly 5x more on my system), a room generation script, a lobby before the game round begins (yes I’m trying to not make my game as close to doors as possible).

Also, do you have any tips on what the lobby should look like? I want to make it as close to the game’s setting as possible.

Poll Time!!!

APM Music or OST Soundtrack?

• APM Soundtrack (Provided by Roblox) :slight_smile:
  • OST Soundtrack (Created by Me, Despite Me Not Being Good at Music Creation) :frowning:

0 voters

Keep Game What it is Now, or Agree With The Possible Overhaul?

• I want it kept what it is now!! :slight_smile:
  • I want it overhauled!!! :expressionless:

0 voters

If you do want me to overhaul the game despite the current version still being in development, would you like me to use the Roblox Terrain (hard), or a standard Grass Texture as if it was on a part (easy).

• Roblox Terrain!! :slight_smile:
  • Grass Texture! :expressionless:

0 voters

Hey Guys!

Despite no voters for the polls, I have finally made the decisions:

APM Music or OST Soundtrack?

There will be APM Music in the first few versions of the new game, however, if I get the motivation, I will make my OST Soundtrack for the new game.

Keep Game What it is Now, or Agree With The Possible Overhaul?

Hmm… I’d say the game right now is looking kind of “dull.” So I agree with remaking the whole entire game from the ground up, but the concept and map design will be the same, but more optimized and less lag. New game will contain the following:

• Detailed PBR Textures to make The Game “Realistic.”
  • Minor Alterations with the Classrooms
  • Possible Chance for More than One Map for The New Game in an update after release
  • More “Original”
  • Lobby? (Maybe)
  • Refined Currency System
  • DataStore Service
  • Leaderboard
  • Gamemodes? (Maybe)

If you do want me to overhaul the game (Yes, I will) despite the current version still being in development, would you like me to use the Roblox Terrain (hard), or a standard Grass Texture as if it was on a part (easy).

I will be using a Grass Texture, but it will look like the Roblox Default Terrain and make it realistic. I know a standard grass texture without the realism makes the game look too “cartoonish,” but I will do it anyways, but with more realism ofc.

A question I made up by myself, and my question is answered here:

Will the game name ever be changed? Will the game be cancelled?

Q1
Maybe, due to possible copyright infringement with a game called “The Classrooms.” We may rename our game to “Traverse,” but I do not know if that will happen. Chances of that happening to the game are 75% chance.

Q2
Due to lack of the development, the game may potentially get cancelled in around three weeks. (August 7th) However, if I somehow get back the motivation to develop the game, then the chances of the game being cancelled will be dramatically reduced, in the 10% range. Right now, there is a 75% chance of the name being changed and another 25% of the game being cancelled.

Thank you for taking your time to read this :happy1:

oops i was gonna vote if i ever saw it but i never saw it

1 Like

Good News!!

The Classrooms project is not being cancelled, and may not be anytime soon. Classrooms will be developed nearly every to every other day now, possibly 5-10 hours per day working on the game. I may occasionally take 1-4 day breaks so I can play my favorite games on this platform. This technically means that I am a player and a small developer, which a “small developer” means that they don’t want their game to reach so many visits that it goes onto roblox homepage, but my goal is at least an 85% rating and 200-400 active players in three weeks.

The whole game will not be overhauled, but some portions of it will be overhauled. The game name will remain the same, and all development will continue starting today!

Good News (Again): Classrooms has a very high chance of realising early - mid next year! :tada:

It’s okay. You can go back to this topic and answer a poll next time :slight_smile: .

I will resume development when the following skills are improved:

- Coding/Programming
- UI Design
- Building
- DataStore (so yall’s data is saved!!)

This journey is amazing, and Classrooms had been in development for almost a year with very little progress made. Many versions of the game were made but they were all scrapped.

Unfortunately, I have made the toughest decision ever to cancel the game for good. It’s been a long journey, and it has come to an end. The game has been uncopylocked, and is free for all of you to use!

aw, that’s sad. are you going to be starting a new devlog?