Prop Hunt _ Mayhem

Came back to see development, I think the dont move = death in 4 seconds is a bad idea. The hunters can be in the same room but if you dont move, you will die. You’re giving away your position willingly or you can die. Hunters can also camp rooms… I’d suggest to avoid being afk you should allow the prop to look instead of moving because this would prevent props from going afk but also not giving away their position. hope this helped

2 Likes

Nearly every prop hunt game has an afk-kill feature to avoid going afk or camping in a good hiding spot - even if the hunter is in the same room. Prop hunts are in many ways strategic games, and this feature adds to that - if the hunter is in the room, you have to find a way to move without being seen (e.g. waiting until they turn away or chase after somebody else to move, morphing into a new prop, etc.).

Prop hunts aren’t like hide and seek where if you’re seen moving you die - you can still run away or find, as I said above, a strategic way to move without being seen.

@Imaginze it looks great!! I would suggest giving them 10-15 seconds notice, however, because 4 seconds isn’t enough time to plan out where and how you will move.

2 Likes

Thats the feature that I hate most in prop hunt games. If he doesnt remove it then I agree he should add a longer countdown

1 Like

I totally agree what @frogg_r have said about this.
Also now the timer starts from 15 seconds instead of 5.

And finally i am sure now that hunters shooting will not stop working anymore!

2 Likes

What do you suggest me to add to shop?

• Gun skins
  • Crowbar skins (Actually different models rather than crowbar, bat, leg etc)
  • Kill effects
  • Hunter skins
  • Graffiti decals (will spray on wall when pressing T or something)

0 voters

Hunter abilities will be added anyway

Kill effects are kind of useless and players won’t want them as much as other items. I would suggest using different club-like items, instead of crowbar skins (e.g. mace, baseball bat, etc.).

1 Like

I really like it! The guis look very nice! My only suggestion is removing the jump debounce. It gets very annoying when on jump needed maps (Egypt)

I will not disable it but maybe lower the debounce amount.
The reason i have included it is simply to not make it impossible for hunter to hunt down props

Instead of removing it, ive now made it possible to jump 3 times continuously without any delays and after that you get to wait 2 seconds to be able to jump 3 more times continuously. Even though if you wait 2.5 seconds after 2 continuous jumps, you can still jump 3 more times. Basically the “jump counter” resets after 2 seconds before getting to cooldown.
How do you think that would be?

the game needs work

as a soda can in the office map you can go behind crates and the hunters will never find you, same with desks. you should add the ability to pick up and move props and let the hunters go prone and crouch so they can have more visibility since they’re in constant first person. it’d also help if props got more time to choose where to hide since it’s really annoying that i need to think super quick. one last thing is to remove the dreaded ‘if you don’t move you’ll die’ script since it’s super annoying when i find a reasonably good spot but have to move so i won’t die, and this at one point lead to me having to move while a hunter was in the same room as me.

1 Like

The maps of the DEMO are not final products and may actually not even be included on final release. They are just there to fill up the emptiness and for testing purposes

Picking up props is already enabled in game either by click holding props or pressing “E” key

Crouching is a good idea though i will actually look forward to add it

Finally the move to not die is added for strategic purposes
Read what @frogg_r have commented about it

1 Like

i never knew interacting with props was a thing, i’d suggest you go the half-life way of showing how you can interact with your enviornment by having a pop-up that isn’t too obstructive once in a while that says 'pick up props using [insert button/mouseclick]

and i understand but it’s still very annoying and a lot of the casual playerbase might not enjoy it as much as more hardcore fans, you might want to add in the ability in-game to decide modes with different types of game mechanics, for instance; casual & hardcore, hardcore has the kill timer and makes hiding much more difficult in other unique ways, and casual is more streamline and less back breaking, just finding the middle man would help.

This is the most logical thing i could think of for now

• Keep the “if you dont move you will die” mechanic
  • DONT keep it

0 voters

just have a main menu and a mode selection, hardcore & casual, one has the kill timer, the other doesn’t, it’d please both sides of the fence, it might take much longer to develop the game but it would be by far the best choice.

however, in a debate on whether the timer should or shouldn’t stay, i’d say remove it, the game is (from the description) based primarily on comedy, so it’d be best to keep it more casual and streamline rather than having everything be more hardcore and back-breaking if you didn’t get something right.

This is quite a good game concept and the UI is very nice as well. However, there are a few bugs and things you could work on while you’re trying to complete the game(I know the game isn’t completed yet but this will be good to keep in mind for later on):

1. There is a bug that reduces your health when you start playing, I have noticed that I also get my health reduced when I click on some of the UI.
  2. All the props(which aren’t players) are not anchored, I’m not sure whether you intended for this to happen but I can just move and wreck havoc everywhere by just pushing everything around, you should anchor all of them.

That’s all from me. Hope this helps!

Great suggestion! :+1:

1 Like

This is intended. I want to bring CHAOS to the game. Wait until i add a game mode i have in mind where props go near hunters to explode and kill them hehe

Could you please be more specific?

1 Like

Basically when you play the game, you lose health(from the health bar).

You mean when you transform to a prop.

Well i do not explain it yet in game but soon i wil lexplain everything as simple as possible

The smaller prop you are the less health you have and the bigger prop you are the morre health you have.
Small prop also has more speed than big props

1 Like

I suggest adding a feature where if your just starting out your first few games you get teleported to a different game for beginners, with other beginners, a tutorial, etc. After playing a few games you can get teleported back to the actual game. Maybe completing the tutorial would give like a special hat to keep them playing.

2 Likes