Properties appear on objects they shouldn't

I just noticed this. Properties seem to appear on instances that do not have said properties. I am pretty sure i have seen this before, but i finally got to record it.
Fixes: restarting studio

Issue area: Studio, properties
Issue type: Properties displaying where they shouldn’t
Impact: small, harder to navigate
Frequency: random, actually kinda hard to reproduce

3 Likes

I noticed this last night as well.
The first couple of times clicking on other items fixed it, but since it was problematic I did the same as you and restarted Studio to fix it.

3 Likes

Do they correspond to objects you had previously selected? What happens when you change them? There seems to be issues with the selection in studio lately.

2 Likes

It might be the same issue as Some objects are trapped internally selected in the engine until you manually re-select it - #7 by aaron_mccoy which we are working on. Can you try to hit escape to deselect everything when this bug happens? It is the same problem if the properties widget is not cleaned up.

3 Likes

yes, that’s the properties of one of the dirt blocks

2 Likes

i haven’t tested unfortunately

2 Likes

There’s still similar bug with properties to this.

After you stop play testing the object in properties you selected before will deselect in explorer but will remain in properties, causing it to remain after selecting and deselecting anything. (properties also become invisible when you select something else)

3 Likes

There is another related post and is most likely about the same issue. Properties panel shows "phantom selection". A fix has been released and please let us know if there is still an issue.

2 Likes