Proximity Prompt Pack [WIP]

Proximity Prompt Pack

About

Happy holidays everyone! I'm releasing yet another open source project I've created. I noticed that there aren't many models that use proximity prompts so I though I'd make a few.

Each Script has a Configurations and a Folder. The Configurations is for settings and the Folder is to hold ObjectValues that store references to ProximityPrompts.

This is cool because then you can have many proximity prompts do the same thing or fewer proximity prompts do lots of things.

Contents

Color Toggle
![GIF of color toggle|200x200](upload://ukbz7MFPNTtyGp9woe3e9mHyfrg.gif) Switches a group of parts between two set colors when a connected proximity prompt is triggered.
Shrinking Door
![GIF of shrinking door|200x200](upload://fq08f8kxG5HMIcIB5VJ8TpsF9rR.gif) Opens and closes a door when a connected proximity prompt is triggered.

Multiple shrinking parts can be connected to the same proximity prompt to make double doors. The same can be done with color toggles.
Light Toggle
![GIF of light toggle|200x200](upload://cD8ztYDexmJOWqcIMCfgTtJrWhK.gif) Toggles all lights inside the instance the script is parented to.
Pushable Block
![GIF of pushable block|200x200](upload://bEX6FY7AVR5pBlRToFnH7UfYnXa.gif) Moves a block based on the position of the character who triggered a connected prompt.

Movement sizes are based on the size of the block. There are settings to enable collisions and limit the movement directions of the block.
Gear Giver
![GIF of gear giver|200x200](upload://saNcqQeSH5UJJPMPt979CjC1T44.gif) Gives players who triggered a connected proximity prompt a set of gear.
Morph
![GIF of morph|200x200](upload://onudgfIxmM8sVpxtZJvQB5Ln0rD.gif) Uses Humanoid Descriptions to morph players who trigger connected proximity prompts.

Note: This model may have been moderated. If the link below doesn’t work, you can get a copy from the uncopylocked game.

Teleporters
![GIF of teleporters|200x200](upload://hYNid0m9wvbYfzSXTbdmit5ngnh.gif) Teleport players who activate a connected proximity prompt to a set location.

There are two types, one that instantly moves the character and one that tweens the character at a set speed.
Uncopylocked Game
Here is an uncopylocked demo!

Closing

I hope to add more models to this soon. :smiley:

Edit:
I’ve added a catalog purchase prompt, team door, item door, dev product purchase prompt, gamepass purchase prompt, invite friends prompt, place teleporter prompt, sound prompt, GUI prompt (npc message example, info panel example), sit prompt, animation prompt, tween prompt (basic example, door examples), and gear purchase prompt.

You don’t need to give me any credit if you use them.

226 Likes

Can you make the game public?

5 Likes

Whoops! Sorry about that! The game is public now.

7 Likes

This is amazing. Love your work!

5 Likes

Nice, im definitively gonna use this for my (future) game

@PseudoPerson I recommend you to make a Proximity Prompt Teleporter (for players)

3 Likes

That’s a great idea! I’ll make that in a few hours.

Edit: I added teleporters!
GIF of teleporters
@NerfLambdaWarrior120 Thanks for the suggestion :)

8 Likes

add a gamepass prompt where you use a proximityprompt to prompt a gamepass

5 Likes

I plan on using some of these, do we have to credit you?

4 Likes

@Dope_RBX Nope! I do ask that you keep credit in the code if you’re going to publish a model using it though.

@ScxiptedShark Nice suggestion! I’ll add that today.

@Officiall_Studios I’ll make that too :)

7 Likes

Oh my gosh! These are amazing! I do have an idea for a prompt. You could do an “E to Sit Down” button.

4 Likes

@PseudoPerson How do you make the teleporters work in both ways?

I mean, Teleporter brick teleports you to Destination Brick and vice-versa?

1 Like

@NerfLambdaWarrior120 Add the script to both teleporters then set the destination (ObjectValue inside the Settings inside the script) to the other teleporter’s Part.

2 Likes

@PseudoPerson Also i recommend you to make a Prompt that triggers a explosion, it could be really fun lol

4 Likes

This is absolutely amazing! Definitely using this in future games.

1 Like

Tad late but, maybe add a prompt that makes a sound e.g. your sitting and press “E” and the horn will go off.

1 Like

You should add:

• Hold e to change car color (only works inside if a player is in a driver seat)
  • Hold e to rob and get cash
  • E to eject player in seat
2 Likes

This Is Awesome! I Like it :wink:

1 Like

Some of these Proximity Prompts aren’t aligned right. You should parent the prompt to an attachment.
The doors are very well made, however.
TNT blocks may need some rework as it isn’t exploding for whatever reason.
I probably won’t use this, but it’s an interesting pack.

You can select multiple proximity prompts with ObjectValues in the “Proximity Prompts” Folder inside each script. Attachments are a great option for positioning prompts.

The TNT isn’t done yet, that’s what the WIP signs are trying to indicate.

Thanks for the feedback :+1:

1 Like

I made an interesting door that you might want to see. I modified the original door called security door and used proximity prompt with a few other performance fixes.

Model for reference:
https://www.roblox.com/library/6163658316/ProximityPrompt-Door

Original Model:
https://www.roblox.com/library/202279280/Security-Door

4 Likes