Proximity Prompt Studio Beta

an ETA is not currently given, it’s rumored to be around early 2021, I hope they give us more informations, a tracker on what’s missing on them would be awesome.

Can it have a “HideAllPrompts” bool/function? I would like something like that for logistic reasons, I was using ProximityPrompts for vehicles but I must hide every prompt every time (messy, laggy and a pain) or change keys to avoid it having problems (which I had to do).

As stated in the original post, a property of ProximityPromptService called Enabled allows you to hide all the prompts when it’s set to false.

The code listed for the current default appearance of proximity prompts doesn’t appear to match up with the new default appearance. Will the code listed on the post be updated any time soon with the new changes to the default appearance?

What? Did they change the code for it?

I’m pretty sure. Earlier today I tested the default appearance of the prompt and noticed there was a disappearing animation when you get too far away from the prompt. I remembered that wasn’t what it used to be and, sure enough, if you use the appearance code listed in the post instead of the default appearance, the animation is no longer there and prompts instantly disappear just like they used to.

I’m not surprised they updated the default appearance code, at least a few people suggested to add that animation. I only wonder if they’re going to keep updating that section of the post or come up with a better solution to share the current source code.

Yeah and I know it, infact I asked for an option to disable/enable ALL prompts client-side instead of having to disable every prompt since that would be madness in games that use it to the point of having litterally 20% of their workspace being prompts.

Spectacular I learned a lot about this in one day and I love it making E to equip and opening doors is so much easier

It’s possible, it could be in early 2021.

Not sure if this is intentional or not, or whether it has been brought up already, but is the hold time supposed to be fully static and not be affected by the current position of the radial load? (In the video below, you’ll see as I start it again near the end, it starts moving slower to meet the static hold time)

2 Likes

This works only in play solo mode

1 Like

Incorrect; it also seems to work in Team Create. All people with the beta enabled will see the prompt, everyone else won’t.

3 Likes

Thanks for calling this out. The code in this post has now been updated to reflect the new fading behavior.

3 Likes

Can we know about new features that will come with the Proximity Prompts if there are any?

2 Likes

This is amazing! Makes things a lot easier instead of having to write lines of code determining proximity etc. Very simple to use. Shame it doesn’t work on the client.

8 Likes

Proximity Prompts are now live! Feel free to use these in your games. Thank you for your feedback everyone!

11 Likes

Hello, i can see you are having problems with it, so basically u will need a command bar and use Instance. example: Instance.new(“Proximity Prompt”, workspace), hope this works for you!

1 Like

oh yeah, that problem was solved since the first day

1 Like

A really great addition to the studio platform! Although I have a suggestion. I was wondering if it was possible to make it so after you trigger the PromptButtonHoldBegan event, then change the value of the HoldDuration to something like 1 when It is originally something like 5, it would update real-time without messing up. I have been messing around with it and I made a system where when you have a higher upgrade level you can chop trees faster, but I change the value of the HoldDuration based on that value after they trigger the PromptButtonHoldBegan event. It does not update after the new duration is set whilst you are holding it down. Basically, just a real-time update would be nice. :slight_smile:

If there is an easier way around what I am trying to do, please tell me so! Also any feedback on this suggestion is appreciated.

This feature is live and out of beta! Give further feedback on the release announcement: