ProximityPrompt should have a Tween Effect

As a Roblox developer, I find it weird and somewhat cool for the new ProximityPrompt to have some sort of Tween’ing effect whenever a user is outside of the MaxActivationDistance or inside of it when walking inside the zone or outside the zone of ProximityPrompt.

With the brand new release of ProximityPrompt and having it live inside Roblox Studio, I’ve tested around with it and also made some little fun things that would be nice to have with ProximityPrompt. However, a feature I had in mind with ProximityPrompt would be a tween effect for the UI itself as it does have tweeting and fading effects whenever holding E or G and especially holding it with the Mouse or Touchpad.

From my perspective of this, I think this “might” be scriptable with TweenService using TweenSize() and TweenPosition(), not too sure.

Here is how the animations for the UI of ProximityPrompt look like:

This is ok to my understandings as it’s only been here for the first time, but taken as a suggestion later in the future or present anytime now.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience as a user and a developer on the platform via studio because it would allow developers to possibly customize and not have to deal with a straight-up pop-up when testing and using ProximityPrompt inside studio.

28 Likes

I agree. Just a simple fade in/out would improve the look of it a lot over how it instantly appears and disappears now.

EDIT: There’s already a fade tween effect when you press the button. That exact same effect could be used when it appears/disappears.

6 Likes

Thanks for checking out our beta feature. I love the look of your game BTW!
If I understand correctly, you can get something like what you want using the customization API. Try out this place, and copy the script into your game if you like:

FadingPrompts.rbxl (26.2 KB)

19 Likes

Thank you! Always nice for users to say my game is lovely. :3

With the place/download you’ve gave me, this is something I was looking for and what I needed with the idea and feature for an fading effect, saved me a bunch! In the future, would this be considered to be added into ProximityPrompt sometime next year or in the following months?

6 Likes

Why do you need it to be an engine feature? You have the API and events to accomplish it, as demonstrated by the sample file.

3 Likes

Nice example, we’ll look at this as a “polish” item.

10 Likes