PSA - App Backgrounding Now Supported on iOS!

OMG. This is really awesome! Thank you!

How is this possible?

Can you please understate that 40% most ios devices donā€™t have the specifications to run things in the background most ios devices will lag on roblox anyways.

With this that devices that lag roblox and as soon as you close it will just restart roblox instead of ā€œcontinuing game playā€ this is down to the fact that apple make rubbish devices in the past and still not great nowadays?

I would love a technical explanation on how background activities works on low end devices also consider that since apple batteries are awful this will also kill off a user battery quickly.

Thank you for the confirmation!

While I never really used Roblox on mobile, this would be a nice feature for when I accidentally click a notification.

Oh. My Lord. FINALLY! I cannot say how many times I have been either testing or playing something on mobile then a Discord notification appears causing me to click it then get disconnected. I love this update, and I am sure others do too.

THANK YOU. <3

1 Like

Yeah same to me, its really annoying when i accidentally swipe up from my screen too sometimes. And its now finally fix and thanks Roblox!

1 Like

Hmm, why does it say 30 seconds for iOS 13+ and 180 seconds for iOS lower than 13, surely newer iOS systems can support multi task better? Still a very good update though, will this also work with iPadOS?

Finally, the moment weā€™ve all been waiting for!

A 4th gen iPad can handle Phantom Forces probably better than your average Core i3 10th gen.

1 Like

I would hardly believe that.

Luckily Iā€™m on nivida graphics card and AMD CPU. I do know Intel is quite bad to he honest bit like apple charge you Ā£900 for something that struggles or lags.

My main pc can handle SCR roblox on full graphics and that game normally lags for everyone.

With that said my phone is a poco f3 has around 8GB ram and 250GB storage with dolby atmos speakers and have the option to restrict background activities or not.

Now when I look at apple you donā€™t have those features or most devices donā€™t have much ram useage this is why i question how apple can run roblox on only 2GB ram especially running on background.

I tested mario kart tour and the phone pretty much died :joy: if it canā€™t handle mario there no way it can handle roblox.

It depends on the device specifications with apple having a huge habit of using low end specifications for new phones and charging people Ā£1,000 itā€™s quite bad.

However this could genuinely be a software issue on ios 13 but itā€™s more than to the fact that apple uses low specifications on the iPhone.

Sir,

Screenshot_20220320_171131

One of those for that incredible price and it runs like butter. Why complain? You donā€™t like Apple? Okay, I get it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s still more expensive than my phone yet the specs are probably gonna be lower. Thereā€™s nothing cheap with it if itā€™s going to be 60GB.

There is many reasons as a app developer why I hate apple with restrictions upon restrictions and low specifications.

What im trying to say Iā€™d be surprised for any low end device to support background activity.

I would pay Ā£400 for a Linux tablet that would support Windows app and android apps.

This is such a huge help! No more will I be forced out of a game when I accidentally tap a notification! Very amazing QOL update. :roblox: :roblox_light:

Dude, Iā€™ve literally been waiting for this update my entire life :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is amazing, mainly when Iā€™m playing with my friends on iPhone/iPad. When I call them they donā€™t get interrupted and when they get randomly called they donā€™t leave the game.

This is such an amazing update!

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! I am so tired of my friend getting a text and it kicks him from the experience! This is a very good update!

This is something Iā€™ve always needed, so now if I want to text a friend or something mid-game I can, nice!

Thatā€™s not how it worksā€¦ Limit is limit, theyā€™re not gonna let any third party get beyond that limit. Thatā€™s just like asking a random lady for free food.