PSA: The Roblox App Beta for Windows is Chugging Along!

Internet Explorer will end support next year. And Roblox did the same in 2021; they ended support for Internet Explorer and older versions of Roblox Studio (because they rely on IE)

When I’m playing FPS game that hide cursor, it’s painful to imagine where the cursor was, because the cursor won’t show when you press alt+f4 while It’s hiding! this is so annoying.

Probably because the ui of the app at the beta (home screen, chat, settings, games, etc) is now using Luau instead of HTML or C++

Yes, I believe the beta app heavily relies on Luau for pretty much the entire ui, and the entire ui is just taken off from mobile and ported to PC (notice that things like groups/game server shows a web page on both the mobile app and the beta app).

Windows 11 replaced iexplore to open Edge now, albeit I believe the legacy Windows API still exists. (I am a Windows Insiders user running Windows 11 on the beta channel)

1 Like

Thats what I mean, I guess its in the Windows API still, also I think it’s done so it works on 7.

Yes it is, but as above IE is built into the Windows API. Thats why.

Whilst playing on Roblox I joined an arsenal game and was met with a sign in screen, I originally thought that the game had been backdoored and somebody had put in a fake sign in screen as a phising attempt to get information so I rejoined and it wasn’t there. Then I put in fake information into the sign in screen and was met with an official verification popup.

I personally believe adding a sign in screen to the client is a huge security risk to anybody who uses it, because not only does it justify and normalise users putting information into the client but it also makes it a lot easier for bad actors to replicate this sign in screen and use it to grab information.

TL;DR The sign in screen that has been added to the beta client can allow bad actors to easily replicate it and use it for nefarious purposes such as phising information.

Edit: I believe this has only showed up because of the sign in issues with roblox, but regardless this still seems like a vulnerability

(Image of the sign in screen popup)

4 Likes

After checking out one of my alts I found out it had been apart of the 10%
Whilst experimenting with it I may have found a bug.

On windows I commonly do “F10” and “Shift+F10” to increase/decrease my graphics quality, with this application I noticed instead of allowing me to repeatedly click Shift+F10 and F10 to go through my graphic levels it only does it once.

Feature Request

after reviewing the clip I noticed the side bar has a ton of empty space going from the top of your screen to the bottom, Could it be possible for developers to gain access to some type of API to create our tabs in that column.

A few potential cases for this

• Allowing us to have a Settings Menu through that instead of making our custom settings UI
  • Developers can give there admins a new button to customize the experience through that panel
  • We can have Public News feeds such as game updates or some type of interactive survey :man_shrugging:
  • If players who have studio access wanted to run test in-game we could use that panel as some type of “Dark Dex” basically allowing us to get a visual perspective of the workspace.
Thoughts?
  • Create an API for developers to use to make subframes through the ESC menu.

0 voters

7 Likes

Yes.
No questions asked.
This needs to be a feature.

1 Like

Has anyone run into any issues with having to logging in multiple times, not being able to join private servers, or click the play button?

I am more than happy with this beta, I would like to point out whenever I try to close, I get this,

2 Likes

havent really had issues with those, but legit anybody can join the beta, just take the roblox launcher shortcut on the desktop that roblox makes, change launcher to beta, change -app to --app and then launch it and the beta opens

i think thats an alt f4 thing they set up so you dont leave the whole app

The only problem is that the mobile avatar editor is missing many features including body colour customisation.

4 Likes

it would be nice to see The 60 fps cap removed in the app.

4 Likes

i have had an issue when i pressed play on the website, i was signed out of the app

3 Likes

Were you on a VPN before or while pressing play?

1 Like

Yes, i found bug with this new client, related to graphics setting hotkey (F10) only the popup appears, but no actual change happens to that setting. This bug has been in this client from first version, and I’m reporting it now as it got into my mind. Video below:
robloxapp-20211009-0129500.wmv (75.6 KB)

no vpns, just my ethernet
heres my windows version

edit:
i dont think Malwarebytes free would block anything like that or windows

I have experienced the same problem alot too

I think the idea of having an app version of Roblox is good but this is literally just mobile UI shoehorned onto computers. Needs a UI overhaul imho.

1 Like

I am trying to join a roblox game but the roblox app tells me I have to log in. I log in but I cannot join a game from there, so I try to join from the roblox website. The beta app closes and launches again but then it tells me I need to log in again.

Edit: It eventually stopped asking me to log in.

1 Like