PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

We’re slowly rolling out the ability to opt-in to the new experience. This is limited to 1% of Windows users for now and we will increase that percentage over time. At this time, we do not have a way for developers to explicitly opt-in.

2 Likes

The plan is to increase that percentage of eligible users over time. 1% of Windows users doesn’t sound like a lot, but it’s actually a very helpful start for feedback.

4 Likes

This is just a beta, they probably haven’t been added yet, also I’m pretty sure you will be able to change your avatar in game using the “Home” button when you press the Esc key. Adds also probably haven’t been added yet for reasons.

1 Like

What is a PSA is it a test? :thinking:

Nope! This applies to the Roblox app you get when playing a game from the Roblox website. UWP (Universal Windows Platform) is the app in the Microsoft Store, which is not part of this beta app experience.

1 Like

We will not be removing Roblox from the Microsoft Store.

2 Likes

Cool! I got it on my Alt XFSTower and it looks really nice

Good catch! This is something we’re aware of and plan to resolve.

3 Likes

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for the confirmation!

No, PSA is an another word for “Announcement”.

Currently this is an opt-in experience. The goal is to let people do more things within the app. We have no plans to eliminate the website.

9 Likes

The menu is good except of the In-game menu cause its hard when your in a pvp game and you forgot to turn on your Shift Lock. But good job!

The biggest goal for the new experience is the ability to visit other games, chat, and customize your avatar without having to leave the app. Currently, it’s not possible to do any of these things without closing or minimizing the game you’re playing.

1 Like

Hmm… That menu looks familiar.

It’s the scrapped in-game menu that was supposed to come with the new topbar!

I was wondering where this menu was nowadays, thanks for bringing it back!

Quick question, will the opt-in app be able to launch Roblox games in VR?

4 Likes

This is something that we’ve noted down in our own testing. We’re still figuring out the best experience possible.

4 Likes

We’re running a separate test of the new menu, so if you see that, it doesn’t necessarily mean you get the entirely new beta app experience.

3 Likes

this is awesome. i remember the non-beta test that was out for a little while, and i loved the app. it sure looks like roblox is getting a major step up. great job guys!

2 Likes

Yes, we have set parameters.

The Roblox desktop icon will indeed launch the new experience!

7 Likes

On the glitched state when it was released without roblox noticing, it was very laggy, but they should have improved this alot, also didn’t see anyone that got this actual beta having performance problems, it should only open this “app” when you leave the game, and close it when you get in.

Is there a specific reason that this menu took so long to be released? We saw some stuff on twitter about it like about 2 years ago, but never actually got it. We aren’t really getting any specific features with this new in game menu, but I certainly loved it when I saw it, I hate the default old one.