PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

100% agree with this, the only thing I would be aware is with people trying to exploit it, so I woudn’t make it so that it updates your avatar in-game but ok. I still prefer having this app interface instead of going in the website, opening my browser which uses a lot of ram, and stuff.

This is how 100% looks

It is bigger, but it’s not that bad, i feel like they would change it anyway

I use BTRoblox that’s why it looks different and better overall.

2 Likes

You’d need a validated license key to get it out of S mode and have all features that I use with it in S mode still available. I don’t have one for it. It would cost a lot less to upgrade my existing key, but it’d still be quite a bit. Either way, I think Roblox would save a lot more time and money, and have a more streamlined experience, by using the UWP/Xbox app for all Windows-based devices.

1 Like

Eh, not everybody has acess to the windows store, theres a lot of people using windows 7 still… soo…
Maybe in the future? But I believe most people don’t even TOUCH the windows store (i don’t)

2 Likes

This is different in the way of, this is not the exact same thing;
That version of roblox is very “deprecated-like”. There’s game breaking glitches like roblox thinking you’re in mobile if you have a drawing tablet plugged in… and stuff…

And really on that version, it was required for that to happen anyway, they’re wanna make the website integrated with the client, which is just better. It allows you for example, to change clothing, without opening CHROME aka: RAM USE MACHINE. I am just worried for performance…

1 Like

We expect in-game performance of the beta to be identical to the non-beta experience. We’ve focused heavily on fixing issues related to input lag and performance over the past month. To summarize, in-game performance should be fixed. There are a few issues with in-app performance which we are aware of and are actively improving.

Currently, a player can either be in the in-app or in-game experience. They cannot have both open at the same time. You must leave the game in order to enter the in-app experience.

We’re slowly rolling out the ability to opt-in to the new experience. This is limited to 1% of Windows users for now and we will increase that percentage over time. Eligible users will see a button to opt-in on their web Home page.

6 Likes

There are parameters set for the 1% right? I wouldn’t want to see inactive accounts having a chance to opt into this beta feature.

5 Likes

windows 7 is out of support from microsoft and it will probably stop getting good driver support soon so i think its safe for roblox to at least pioritize development for a new roblox client over roblox player (maybe uwp?)

4 Likes

Many program developers still indirectly support Windows 7 thanks to how similar the APIs are in Windows 8 and 10.

Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 are all the same operating system with minor changes to user interface, the backend API is pretty much the same.

5 Likes

Is this optional? I get that it is meant to make the experience better but I quite like the convenience of having roblox open on tabs.

1 Like

Question: when you open the Roblox App currently, it redirects to this link.
If you are in the beta, will it open the new experience/home screen, or that link?

2 Likes

It’s optional. You will see a button and you can press it ONLY if you want.

2 Likes

If you open the Roblox App in beta, it will redirect you to the new beta home page.

3 Likes

im not saying that it losing support means that nobody will use it (tho i reccomend win7 users to upgrade for security purposes) and im not saying that its safe to cut support for roblox player either

Well kinda of no, soon it will not probably, BUT you can still change stuff in the roblox website with no problem

1 Like

This change feels super cool, especially the fact that you can change your avatar live on Desktop!

The only problem I have with this is the fact that you need a scroll wheel mouse in order to scroll up and down, otherwise you’re screwed because there isn’t a built-in one (I have one, but some users may not)

3 Likes

Good noticing! That should be required! Let’s hope they notice that…

I really dislike how the pause menu is really small

You could easily fit both the leave and the reset button in there, making younger audiences understand how to reset without clicking multiple times. I think personally it could look more like this:

Also I really don’t see a point for this in general. The website works for all devices, has the ability of plugins, and it is the most updated. I think instead you guys should work on the windows store one and leave the normal windows one alone.

10 Likes

I love it. Pretty nice touch. I think the profile in the fiest screenshot needs to be bigger bts its great besides that.

Does that mean that if I wanted to try this out, I would have to make tons of new accounts until I got one with access? It seems like a bad idea to not have any way to opt-in unless you happen to be in that 1%. I remember back when the new menu was out for some people, there were tons of people complaining that they didn’t have it.

Maybe don’t do this again, and make it available to everyone who wants it instead? If not, is there a reason that a completely random 99% of players don’t get access to it?

3 Likes