PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

windows 7 is out of support from microsoft and it will probably stop getting good driver support soon so i think its safe for roblox to at least pioritize development for a new roblox client over roblox player (maybe uwp?)

4 Likes

Many program developers still indirectly support Windows 7 thanks to how similar the APIs are in Windows 8 and 10.

Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 are all the same operating system with minor changes to user interface, the backend API is pretty much the same.

5 Likes

Is this optional? I get that it is meant to make the experience better but I quite like the convenience of having roblox open on tabs.

1 Like

Question: when you open the Roblox App currently, it redirects to this link.
If you are in the beta, will it open the new experience/home screen, or that link?

2 Likes

Itā€™s optional. You will see a button and you can press it ONLY if you want.

2 Likes

If you open the Roblox App in beta, it will redirect you to the new beta home page.

3 Likes

im not saying that it losing support means that nobody will use it (tho i reccomend win7 users to upgrade for security purposes) and im not saying that its safe to cut support for roblox player either

Well kinda of no, soon it will not probably, BUT you can still change stuff in the roblox website with no problem

1 Like

This change feels super cool, especially the fact that you can change your avatar live on Desktop!

The only problem I have with this is the fact that you need a scroll wheel mouse in order to scroll up and down, otherwise youā€™re screwed because there isnā€™t a built-in one (I have one, but some users may not)

3 Likes

Good noticing! That should be required! Letā€™s hope they notice thatā€¦

I really dislike how the pause menu is really small

You could easily fit both the leave and the reset button in there, making younger audiences understand how to reset without clicking multiple times. I think personally it could look more like this:

Also I really donā€™t see a point for this in general. The website works for all devices, has the ability of plugins, and it is the most updated. I think instead you guys should work on the windows store one and leave the normal windows one alone.

10 Likes

I love it. Pretty nice touch. I think the profile in the fiest screenshot needs to be bigger bts its great besides that.

Does that mean that if I wanted to try this out, I would have to make tons of new accounts until I got one with access? It seems like a bad idea to not have any way to opt-in unless you happen to be in that 1%. I remember back when the new menu was out for some people, there were tons of people complaining that they didnā€™t have it.

Maybe donā€™t do this again, and make it available to everyone who wants it instead? If not, is there a reason that a completely random 99% of players donā€™t get access to it?

3 Likes

Canā€™t even log in to the Windows App cause Iā€™m not receiving 2FA emails? All my info is correct so :confused:

1 Like

I dinā€™t understand, roblox will become a app so we will not need to use the website?

I donā€™t agree with you, the windows store one was mainly made for Windows 10 S devices, (aka only windows store). This is gonna be a great feature, we just have to wait until it gets fully released; People with not that much ram, or with bad pcs will probably really like this instead of opening chrome and taking two years to change your avatar;

3 Likes

Are you talking about Windows Store version or the new beta version?

Essentially it is that, I like it, now only with this weā€™ll get the new in game menu, this will allow you to change your avatar, relativelity quickly, ALSO: Since avatar editor on PC sucks, weā€™ll probably get one based on the mobile one now! :smiley:

This should explain. It is a security feature implemented. Check your email.

1 Like

We donā€™t know that, and a lot of people prefer the website version.

If your device canā€™t change your avatar Iā€™m surprised you can play roblox at all in the first place.

2 Likes