PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

Can’t even log in to the Windows App cause I’m not receiving 2FA emails? All my info is correct so :confused:

1 Like

I din’t understand, roblox will become a app so we will not need to use the website?

I don’t agree with you, the windows store one was mainly made for Windows 10 S devices, (aka only windows store). This is gonna be a great feature, we just have to wait until it gets fully released; People with not that much ram, or with bad pcs will probably really like this instead of opening chrome and taking two years to change your avatar;

3 Likes

Are you talking about Windows Store version or the new beta version?

Essentially it is that, I like it, now only with this we’ll get the new in game menu, this will allow you to change your avatar, relativelity quickly, ALSO: Since avatar editor on PC sucks, we’ll probably get one based on the mobile one now! :smiley:

This should explain. It is a security feature implemented. Check your email.

1 Like

We don’t know that, and a lot of people prefer the website version.

If your device can’t change your avatar I’m surprised you can play roblox at all in the first place.

2 Likes

Who prefers the website version? There are some perks like adding alot of stuff, but if they really care about it, they can still use the website version no matter what, it’s still gonna be there.
The website version NEVER loads your avatar right for most people. If not all.

Where THE HECK did I say I coudn’t?
I said this is way better because you CAN change your avatar through the client;
The website and its stuff isn’t going away any time soon;
Alot of people including me had computers which would struggle with both chrome and roblox open at the same time, because RAM. Chrome uses like 600mb, roblox about 300, plus windows that uses like 1gb of ram. There you go 2GB of being used!

1 Like

I remember suddenly having this beta a few weeks ago, and god it was horrible with major performance issues on all games.(yes it was the regular roblox client) Are these issues addressed with the new beta?

I had this interface for a long time, am I one of those? 1/100?

3 Likes

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have a 9 year old computer and it loads properly on the website, and on all other devices of everyone I know… This is likely a problem with your device or internet, I’m afraid.

If chrome is using too much ram for you, there are many alternatives out there.

You have to leave the game to change your outfit, because you can only have one roblox window open at a time

1 Like

I’d say I sort of like the idea of this, but it feels too much like mobile. Like we don’t need the game window to pop up in a tiny phone like window and everything just feels harder to navigate(like how a bunch of the stuff is now just in their own tab).

You were probably part of the 1% of the new In Game Menu rollout. It’s not related to this new one.
Source

Just added it to the FAQ, but yup! In-game performance should be identical regardless of whether or not you are in the beta.

3 Likes

I got this update on my alt (for some reason) and after launching it from my alt, starting the roblox client will automatically start the new application with my main!

The new menus look awesome! I hope this update gets out to more people.

Edit:
Oh, I have an idea that is pretty unlikely to happen, but what if Studio was integrated directly into this new application, instead of having two new separate apps?

4 Likes

You on true, but it was an random roblox player selection?

i happen to know about a very convinient program called firemin, this program allows you to limit ram usage on any application

2 Likes

I know what you mean, but I don’t think that the Roblox Studio Software can merge with this new one, because it would be relatively heavy and that is impossible? I can only imagine a software like that of the new folding phones.

1 Like

Will this new in-game menu eventually come to all platforms after beta? It’s was temporary enabled earlier this year for desktop but it was reverted back to only 1% of desktop. If so, I can’t wait to see this in mobile as I think it will look great.

is there a way to know if i have got this update?