PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

Hm, they will probably release one similar to mobile. Just because the website one sucks and the mobile one is pretty good

Looks good so far. Iā€™ve tested it out a bit and I have noticed lag when selecting games or when scrolling down on the games page. Thereā€™s also a good amount of lag when first booting it up by opening the Roblox player.

Extensions? Yeah essentially. Kinda of. Roblox + would still give you notifications for example and alot will be still done on the website. Since I believe alot of pages, especially initially wonā€™t be accessible using this client. Just like Roblox is not easily accessible to mobile users.

Hm this is NOT the roblox app they are talking about. This is gonna be added in normal roblox (win 32) version soon. This version youā€™re using is the UWP version / windows store version. This is mainly for windows 10 S Users.

Not sure if this is intentional but I thought I might as well make a post about this.

When clicking on the three dots next to the player on the menu, there is no Block Player button:
Capture32
Whereas when clicking on a player on the Player List, The Block Player Button is there:
Capture33

6 Likes

I really love the idea of the game menu on the side of the screen. But I donā€™t really think it looks like a kids type of platform anymore. It looks more like some sort of business app. Although I do want to know if the in-game menu will change with the themeing they chose for Example Light, & Dark. So if they chose light for there theme will it do the same in-game menu, if not then I think it should. As I would like to be like the mobile app, as I want it to make it feel like iā€™m actually playing on my PC. Or more like the Xbox app in my opinion.

Keep in mind that this is a UI redesign, and not a Roblox security patch. Clothing botting is almost inevitable to it is almost clueless to bring it up as the developers working on this are not instructed to solve the issue.

Yeah I agree, I would love a sleek modern redesign and not a direct copy of the mobile design.

2 Likes

Q: Whatā€™s different or new with the app?

A: Simply put, the goal is to make a seamless experience available on Windows! We wish to have an immersive and convenient flow for playing games, browsing games, customizing your character, chatting with friends, and more.

I canā€™t post bug reports so, I guess Iā€™ll just put this here.
When you enable the new client, it will totally disable Roblox VR mode, this is going to upset a lot of people and break a ton of games. This really needs to be fixed. (if itā€™s unintended, if itā€™s not, please let us know.)

Update: Now has been fixed, just make sure to open the game from the web, not the client and with your headset desktop pass through.

2 Likes

Iā€™m one of the 1% and Iā€™d like to give feedback.

• The Roblox Beta App link has been leaked. What will you do about it?
  • The game icons load slower than the browser game icons.
  • I want to click to open the Roblox in-game menu, not hover over it.

I got to test the menu, here are my thoughts.

• The UI is quite similar to the Mobile version.
  • The sidebar context menu should NOT appear when you hover over it.
  • New Windows have to be created because the whole app is scripted in Lua. This is generally annoying.
  • The whole app is scripted in Lua. This means that functions such as buying robux, and many other key features arenā€™t built into the UI.
  • The UI needs a bit of scaling down because it feels like it was literally pasted from the mobile build.
  • Lag also occurs very frequently, even on my high end device.

Overall I can say that this build is not perfect. Optimizations need to be made.

1 Like

So, itā€™s very simple to actually activate this new app, I am pretty sure I am not allowed to talk it (Itā€™s not anything too in deep)
But anyways, I got acess to it and already found a glitch, and I canā€™t report it because I donā€™t have the Regular Role, so yeah. Also, some people said this is using the normal avatar editor from the website, thatā€™s a lie, it uses the normal one from mobile, and itā€™s great because itā€™s 3d, it loads pretty fast, I just really like it, there are some down sides but you can just go to the website one anytimeā€¦
Also alot of tabs, open separate windows for everything, so like, trying to buy robux will open a small window just to buy robux, and stuff like thatā€¦
So hereā€™s the bug, a lot of people already know this, but you can change your graphics using F10 or SHIFT + F10 to decrease it. Trying to do that, does not seem to update the setting in the settings menu. And It also doesnā€™t seem to actually change the graphics at all. You can for some reason change from 9 to 10, or 1, to 2, but it still doesnā€™t updateā€¦ Itā€™s weird.

Example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MiWgyCP8Pdm6Bh-zSe2M4kGMJiAdJeXL/view?usp=sharing

@phri

3 Likes

The entire app freezes when I switch tabs.

1 Like

I had to leave this beta because I prefer going to the website and it is not optional to have it go to the home when you press leave so I wont be using it anymore

Exactly what do you need to be eligible?

I found a bug, so I joined a game that my friend was playing, looked at the player list and it didnā€™t show the little friends icon or anything saying we where friends. I checked the website and, it said we where friends.

I went onto my sisterā€™s account on my computer today to log her out of all other sessions, an I noticed she had the new ā€œtry the new app out today!ā€. Here is the thing: She does not have computer, so why did she get it in the first place?

I was able to test it out a bit by signing out and signing in with my account, and it seems too much like mobile emulated on a computer.

Itā€™s really trippy when you click ā€œserversā€ on a game and it pulls up a new roblox player window with the servers, (not smooth at all.)

Itā€™s annoying how I canā€™t see my robux without going into the avatar editor.

When leaving a game, I usually press esc+l+enter, but now I have to press esc+l then click ā€œyes Iā€™m sureā€ because itā€™s really anoying

Make it easier to opt-out without re-installing roblox

Some feature requests:

Make it not so mobile looking

Make a new community plugins tab available directly for the new app to customize the app

Make it so when you lick on game it brings you to a full page more like the web version so you can see things like servers more easily

Make the bar on the left on the screen customizable

Make the thumbnails on games change automatically

Touch screen support?

7 Likes

Quick question.

I just got a windows for Christmas, does this mean I could be eligible in that 1% to have the windows beta app, or will I have no chance to have it since I was a mac user until today?

3 Likes

Currently, I donā€™t know, it depends if you are a pro at roblox windows thing, and if your a pro at windows. I also think you need a good computer to do in-depth tests, your also working with roblox with a couple of other 1% of the roblox thing

1 Like

Iā€™m not a big fan on this update, I have a lot of problems.

For example when your cursor is at the top of the screen this pops up:

When I hover my cursor over the roblox logo in the top left hand corner this pops up:

And the most annoying thing for me is when I alt + f4 sometimes takes me back to the home.

The server list takes a long time to use:

I also prefer the old esc menu

I wish you could make it optional to use this.

6 Likes