PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

This new design isn’t for the Microsoft store version, it is for the normal Roblox software.

3 Likes

That bar will appear if you join any game and then exit full screen by pressing F11.

2 Likes

This was specifically stated in the post. (UWP is a platform to make apps to run well on windows 10 and other Microsoft operating systems, which also would mean the Windows Store)

5 Likes

Hopefully, this doesn’t fully replace the browser version (although I’d gladly use this occasionally). This may cause an issue for people who prefer the browser version because of Roblox website extensions. Despite that, this looks pretty cool! I have a suggestion for the pause menu: allow users to edit their avatar in the pause menu. I don’t want to leave games every time I want to change outfits!

4 Likes

In a previous post, I said:

BlueNoodle29
I believe that the 1% that is eligible has a little button at the top of their Roblox home page on the website.
This is where I got my info.

3 Likes

ui elements too big, this is most likely gonna be used by a pc user not a tablet user
i think ui scaling options would be needed

8 Likes

Yes, your home page looks like that, but if you have access to the roblox app beta, it opens the Roblox Player application not the Microsoft Store Roblox version.

They are changing the Roblox Player (aka the one that you need to play Roblox via website) version, as the Roblox app beta pop-up opens the player.

2 Likes

FINALLY we got A WORDING on this NEW MENU, THIS got leaked some time ago and the feature was out on like midnight, as alot of people know, and it WAS very laggy though I do think they probably know what they are doing, this menu though, it shoudn’t have took that much time to release, also i’m confused, is this one of those betas that are based around userIds?

I feel like no, because they look normal to me, yes it’s based around the tablet ui, but it looks fine, the only thing I could say it’s a bit big, are the games. But even those aren’t THAT big. From my looking it looks like 10% bigger than the current ones.

If you want user feedback, 1% is way too small of a user share for this.

A lot of us developers have opted-into a beta program which give us access to stuff like 700 player servers, why haven’t we gotten access to this?

6 Likes

This makes me worry about the future of Roblox for UWP. As someone who has a device where apps cannot be downloaded outside the Microsoft Store (Surface Go 2 running Windows 10 Home in S mode), seeing two competing Windows apps for the same program, when combined with the fact that I use the Microsoft Store to purchase Premium, this announcement has me worried that this will replace the UWP app and I (and other Roblox players) will no longer be able to play games on certain Windows devices.

Will both apps be supported long-term?

1 Like

i see what you mean, i use a lot of sites at 70% scale so they look a lot bigger to me. i think it should utilize the screen estate in a better way and fit more info instead of big icons (i also think this for the website)

3 Likes

They could update the UWP app to work the same way as the WIN32 version, so… I don’t think it’s gonna be yeeted anytime soon;

btw dude just like install windows 10 normal, like it’s not hard get a usb stick and just install it it’s worth it.

100% agree with this, the only thing I would be aware is with people trying to exploit it, so I woudn’t make it so that it updates your avatar in-game but ok. I still prefer having this app interface instead of going in the website, opening my browser which uses a lot of ram, and stuff.

This is how 100% looks

It is bigger, but it’s not that bad, i feel like they would change it anyway

I use BTRoblox that’s why it looks different and better overall.

2 Likes

You’d need a validated license key to get it out of S mode and have all features that I use with it in S mode still available. I don’t have one for it. It would cost a lot less to upgrade my existing key, but it’d still be quite a bit. Either way, I think Roblox would save a lot more time and money, and have a more streamlined experience, by using the UWP/Xbox app for all Windows-based devices.

1 Like

Eh, not everybody has acess to the windows store, theres a lot of people using windows 7 still… soo…
Maybe in the future? But I believe most people don’t even TOUCH the windows store (i don’t)

2 Likes

This is different in the way of, this is not the exact same thing;
That version of roblox is very “deprecated-like”. There’s game breaking glitches like roblox thinking you’re in mobile if you have a drawing tablet plugged in… and stuff…

And really on that version, it was required for that to happen anyway, they’re wanna make the website integrated with the client, which is just better. It allows you for example, to change clothing, without opening CHROME aka: RAM USE MACHINE. I am just worried for performance…

1 Like

We expect in-game performance of the beta to be identical to the non-beta experience. We’ve focused heavily on fixing issues related to input lag and performance over the past month. To summarize, in-game performance should be fixed. There are a few issues with in-app performance which we are aware of and are actively improving.

Currently, a player can either be in the in-app or in-game experience. They cannot have both open at the same time. You must leave the game in order to enter the in-app experience.

We’re slowly rolling out the ability to opt-in to the new experience. This is limited to 1% of Windows users for now and we will increase that percentage over time. Eligible users will see a button to opt-in on their web Home page.

6 Likes

There are parameters set for the 1% right? I wouldn’t want to see inactive accounts having a chance to opt into this beta feature.

5 Likes