PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

This is amazing, but there is a bug that I see when logging in sometimes. It asks me to upgrade to Internet Explorer 11! (which is an unsupported browser.) After a few attempts I could get in though. Why would Roblox require a browser that Microsoft doesn’t support?
Great beta app by the way!

Another bug is this, which I don’t know how to explain:

It happens on the more options page for every button

2 Likes

Why i cannot get the beta? and i am a Rthro Lover!!!

If you’re getting the message to use Internet Explorer for the best experience, you might have an old version of Roblox, Newer versions of Roblox prompt you to use Microsoft Edge

So, if you’re seeing a popup telling you to use IE, just use Microsoft Edge because:
It combines the compatibility of Internet Explorer 11 with the speed of Google Chrome

And Microsoft Edge can trick old sites on the user using IE because of Edge’s IE mode which brings the best experience on Roblox. Unfortunately, Roblox has ended support for Internet Explorer, Older versions of Roblox Studio and the most forgotten ROBLOX Browser

1 Like

I do use Edge and I’m on the latest version of Roblox too though. I also have IE completely disabled.

1 Like

Are these issues both still happening?
What platform are you on, and what browser are you currently using?

Yes, these issues are still happening. I’ve tried it on Windows 10 and Windows 7, but they all give the same error message when clicking on things that open up a web page such as Groups, friends and profile (a bit like Roblox mobile where it uses its own integrated browser). It also gives me an error message when logging in sometimes. When I click no, it freezes the logon process and the only thing I can do is click the back button and try again. It has worked before, though.

Here is an attached video (I’ve shown the error before, but not when logging in)

I see whats happening.
So currently, our embedded WebViews are built on IE11 technology. We are planning to move off of it in the next couple of quarters.
As such, because you have IE completely disabled, these webviews wont work.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! I’m very excited to see these embedded webviews working with IE completely disabled.

1 Like

So, I got beta! WIll other computers also get access to beta, if they have my account loged in?

Yes, it depends on your account and not the device (correct me if am wrong)

1 Like

is that update is coming in 2021?

I don’t get it. What are you refferring to and if you’re talking about the beta app, theres multiple ways to get it.

2 Likes

Wow, I actually have access to this! Great app and amazing UI + design!

I would add some stuff (If its not coming) But I do really like it!

How do i opt out? I can’t play VR with it

Settings > Scroll down, there’s an option to opt out there. Had to do that myself.

Just wandering, If I disable it. Can I go back? I just kinda wanna play some vr. The beta is pretty cool

You can opt back in by clicking the banner on the home page

We know VR currently does not work on the beta, and are working on fixing it

3 Likes

Umm… I went out of beta, I’m trying to get back in but the banner isn’t showing up. How do I get it to?

Wait, so as of the moment if there is no IE, that means those webpages won’t work?
Because on Windows 11, IE is removed by default.

Welp, better wait.