PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

The app beta is looking really cool! It would be great to have an option to zoom in, such as at the homepage.

1 Like

If I was in the beta would I still be able to click “play” on a game on the website and have it open in the new RobloxPlayer?

Yes, thats how that should work!

1 Like

Hey, is anyone else not able to opt-out of the beta app? I tried going in settings and disabling beta, but it doesn’t do anything whenever I click the button. I have to keep on reinstalling Roblox to get rid of it but it returns after a few days.

2 Likes

This is probably just because I’ve used the Roblox website for the entirety of my time on the platform, but I’d really appreciate if the app wasn’t just a port of the mobile version over to big screen PCs. A lot of features have been MIA because of this and it’s probably gonna take a while for them to bring them over to this app.

Additionally I find it a little annoying how you can’t exit the screen in-game unless you leave the game, in which you can then exit. Though again, it’s probably just me being too used to the website.

Overall, while it’s nice to see something like this happen, I’m probably not gonna be using it until it becomes much more fleshed out.

6 Likes

Can anyone explain why these images and icons are such rubbish quality? Hopefully, this will get fixed soon, it’s annoying and all the images are unclear.

4 Likes

You can opt out by creating an alt account. On the alt by default, Roblox will close itself when you leave the game/experience

1 Like

If you press a social link in this app, it uh, opens Internet Explorer. (the full application)

I mean, at least there’s a way to open Internet Explorer on Windows 11, but…

That’s a bug of this Roblox App Beta. At this moment, there is still a bug.

1 Like

Wow! That looks great! I can’t wait to try it out soon!

This is awful. Will this be a standard thing in the future that the main menu just shows up every time you quit a game, where you’re no longer able to opt out of it?

1 Like

Woah!

Looks like the roblox app got a huge redesign!
It only looks like the homepage was changed for now, but I think this looks really nice!
It doesn’t just look like the mobile app anymore!
Super cool (and useful) highlight feature!

Although, what happened to the beta esc screen?

It’s no longer the updated one and now it’s just the regular one but with an oddly placed home button. What’s the reason behind this?

Looking forward to seeing what’s next for the roblox app!

2 Likes

Any news on why the opt-in is still 10% after a full year? If you’d like to get more feedback, opening this up to everybody is the way to do it.

2 Likes

Usually This is more common for Edge users

1 Like

What will happen to Roblox advertisement if I can’t see any ads in the app?
will it be there too?
or We are still going to use website more than apps

1 Like

That was the first beta game menu, I guess for some reason they changed it again.

1 Like

It’s not 1% anymore, it’s been 10% as of September 2021.

1 Like

Is there some way I can disable this? It often crashes my client whenever I exit a game.

2 Likes

Go into the settings in the beta app and then look for disable beta app.

1 Like

You are right. But if we go to the another account, it’s showing the old design (I had always), but if we go to the main account, it’s showing… this new design. And that’s pretty good.