PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

Also would you be able to navigate it with an Xbox controller because I don’t like the fact that I will to use the keyboard to navigate to another game.

1 Like

have to use a keyboard and mouse*

The only thing I dislike is that it looks so much like the phone layout, otherwise it looks great.

2 Likes

Wait, then what about the website then? Will it just become unavailable? What will happen to the Microsoft Store version? I can already imagine the website returning an 404 when this update releases

2 Likes

Could we force ourselves into the beta if we find the bootstrapper for this version somewhere? :smirk:

Upon thinking about it a little more, probably not? I’m guessing this is deployed normally into the existing Roblox client and it’s just some sort of special startup mode behind a flag.

15 Likes

OMGG… Looks so cool! the Roblox Staffs always tries their best to make the best systems. :nerd_face:
Nice job and thanks Roblox… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is cool, but I really hope it’ll be optional. This got rolled out for me today and I definitely prefer just using chrome, plus I miss the old menu. Great work otherwise!

You say that we’llsee a button on our web home page when we’re able to opt in, where would I look for on my home page to find the button?

It’s something you’d download from the Microsoft Store instead of through your browser basically.

1 Like

One question - Mac.
Developers such as myself use MacOS to create and play games on Roblox.

This new “app” system seems fantastic but is lacking support for people like me!!

Will there be any support in the future or is this just for windows?

6 Likes

Whilst this update seems exciting, it’s a shame Roblox is using a progressive rollout of the opt-in beta, instead of allowing everyone who has opted into the Beta Program on the Developer Forum to opt-in to this experiment - it’s always good to allow people who want to test things, to test things!

3 Likes

Question if the app eventually replaced the website, will we have to not worry about the ROBLOSECRUITY cookie? Since a lot of users get hacked by a website hijacking that session cookie.

This problem is more serious when you consider that in Discord, links can be “disguised”.

1 Like

You could just use a generic Home/Pro key for free, the only caveat being the Activate Windows prompt.

Isn’t it possible to just make a bunch of alts until you get the notification on the top of your home page? Surely it’s not that easy, right…?

Does this mean ROBLOX will be able to get added to streaming services like GeForce Now (since it won’t require a browser?)

That would be ridiculous though… If they disabled the whole website, you wouldn’t be able to share links to games, or to groups, or to catalog items, etc…

It would basically break every Roblox link that exists.

It’'s actually really nice and clean! Great job Roblox! Anyway I do think there could be some improvements here is a list.

• Make it less like the mobile app. It seems too much like a port of the mobile app, I dont know what it is about it but it does.

• Make it show the amount of Robux you have on every other page. I do not want to have to go to the avatar page just too see my Robux amount.

• I also seem to get lag spikes this might just be my PC, but I still want to put it out there.

Other than that this is quite clean and i find it really easy to use. Great job Roblox!

Edit:

I was sort of hoping that this wouldn’t have any catalog botting problems, but it does little annoyed there.

1 Like

I’m quite confused. Doesn’t this app already exist? I’m pretty sure this has existed for years and I have been using it to run 2 instances of Roblox on my one machine without a Virtual Machine. This helps to test different things in my games. How is this new app going to be different from the old one?

I am also still confused as to why a completely new app is being developed when there already is one that could be built upon.

Started working on my “vision” of the roblox app. Not yet done gonna finish off the game icons so on.

8 Likes