PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

As stated in the post, there will be more people with the chance to opt-in over time. My suggestion is to just be patient and wait for your turn.

1 Like

Alright but i only needed to know how many people will opt-in

None of us can really say for sure, and I doubt it really matters. There will be more people to opt-in over time, so I donā€™t see the rush.

Oh, so then this will be a very good thing :grinning:

2 Likes

I use a more optimized browser and the app might take more resources. This will also be a pain to have an extra window open just for roblox.

1 Like

Thats not the beta, they way I got access to the app is via my Roblox home page. You are using the Windows 10 app.

1 Like

Looks great! I have been using the app for about a year now and would love to opt in!

1 Like

Waitā€¦ does this mean the Roblox website will be gone soon??? I like the website! Please DO NOT remove the website!

1 Like

I would rather not use this even when it comes out, there are too many issues mobile users experience, and since this is a port, those issues will come to us. Iā€™ll give some basic examples.

1. Removal of the ability to join VIP Servers through links.
  2. Being unable to change avatar while in-game.
  3. No way to access the gameā€™s description in the case it included information.
  4. Buttons are placed in incovenient places.
  5. Where are user ads?

And other than these issues, there are more that can arise overtime, like where is the create tab going to be? Is studio also going to be seamless, if yes, how are you going to edit while playing a game at the same time?

This really feels like a drag, and a bad idea from the start in my opinion, so the ability to simply keep using the website should still exist even when this gets added.

7 Likes

Sounds like some really cool features, canā€™t wait to get a chance of this. Sadly, I wasnā€™t one of the 1% but Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be rolled out more soon. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Weā€™re slowly rolling out the ability to opt-in to the new experience. This is limited to 1% of Windows users for now and we will increase that percentage over time. At this time, we do not have a way for developers to explicitly opt-in.

2 Likes

The plan is to increase that percentage of eligible users over time. 1% of Windows users doesnā€™t sound like a lot, but itā€™s actually a very helpful start for feedback.

4 Likes

This is just a beta, they probably havenā€™t been added yet, also Iā€™m pretty sure you will be able to change your avatar in game using the ā€œHomeā€ button when you press the Esc key. Adds also probably havenā€™t been added yet for reasons.

1 Like

What is a PSA is it a test? :thinking:

Nope! This applies to the Roblox app you get when playing a game from the Roblox website. UWP (Universal Windows Platform) is the app in the Microsoft Store, which is not part of this beta app experience.

1 Like

We will not be removing Roblox from the Microsoft Store.

2 Likes

Cool! I got it on my Alt XFSTower and it looks really nice

Good catch! This is something weā€™re aware of and plan to resolve.

3 Likes

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for the confirmation!

No, PSA is an another word for ā€œAnnouncementā€.