Public Sound Effects Upload Are Now Available for Creators

Just gonna reply to this with a use case as to really sell this point home, considering that I assumed that this audio update would’ve included public audios actually being audible before the “day of silence.”

I program engine sounds to work with cars running A-Chassis, sometimes alongside @Xelluent’s sound engineering. Ever since the audio update it’s been near impossible to have complex engine “sound suites” (imagine FMOD sound banks) be audible in game without allowing the creator of said game access to each individual audio. In my personal best, with 53 sounds, that is an insanely tedious task. This affects an entire community I’m in dedicated to cars.

This also heavily hinders me and a community I’m in as I release my own fictional cars, and have more ready to release yet are paused because of the fact that even newly-made public SFX audios that passed moderation are still not able to be heard in games.

If there’s some type of manual review process, at least be transparent with it, otherwise please at least just let us know if this behavior is intentional or intended to change, as it’s making it near impossible for me to release models to the public without needing to find workarounds or search for older sound suites that are lackluster to the quality of models I want to release.

19 Likes

EDIT: Sorry… I had a question but it was solved by this:

1 Like

has got to be the worst take ever. Seriously? splitting them and making everything way more complicated for everyone when its supposed to be public? all just because of some unnecessary limitation?

Ambience, car, humming, gun auto firing, explosions, any type of echoing sound, speech, footsteps, even regular sound effects for a special move, or anything thats supposed to loop but still have some details in it. All often reach lengths of more than 10 seconds.

5 Likes

Thank you for bringing back user uploaded sounds to the Marketplace!