Public Sound Effects Upload Are Now Available for Creators

Under 10 secs was not actually recommended, i was wondering to revert the audio marketplace.

oh god another id verification

um can someone explain me this (Sounds have 1,2 seconds )

What is the asset id of the sound you are trying to make public?

While I really like this change, for some reason I can’t enable some of my audios even though they are not copyrighted in any way.
(The audio is like 3 or 4 seconds long and I’ve used it as an example, 17670214871)

or sometimes i can’t even enable audios before audio mute update thing
(same thing happened to theese audios, 17670202696, 17670179257, 17669959987, 14470581183)

Thanks for providing some asset ids to look into! All the assets you provided seem to be train whistles which the sound effect classifier is classifying as music, preventing you from distributing them on the Creator Store. I’ll take this into account when we update the classifier to hopefully let these types of sounds through.

This update to distribute sound effects on the Creator Store only applies to assets uploaded after about mid May 2024. Please reupload your old sound effects if you want to distribute them.

1 Like

also happened to me for some reason…
the asset id for this audio is 17666392424

I’m wanting to bring this up again, but there are still many older sound effects or other audio uploaded by Roblox or other Roblox administrators before 2013 that got privated and can no longer be used. I can provide some ID’s if needed, but I would like if someone could go through and re-enable distribution for those audios or make them able to be used again.

Oh…

I’m hoping this will eventually change as there are thousands of old SFX that may have previously had distribution completely enabled by the uploader before almost all audio assets became private.

Seriously? they announce public audio and you cant even insert it yourself while in-game other peoples games? what is the point? if the creator of the game needs to have it in the inventory, this makes barely any difference to how it was before.

It’s remarkably dumb that you still cannot load your own audio in other games you dont have access to, I just want to be able to customize my stuff in games. It is outrageous that even after an ID verification wall, they still dont allow people to do such a simple thing. I was really excited to be able to use my sound effect in plates of fate and i still cant.

they keep “Trying” to help resolve the audio update backlash, however roblox cannot wrap their heads around “public audio” being actually usable in a public space. it is very unreasonable to have to get dev permissions for a game or have your item in the game creator’s inventory just to apply your own sound effect in their game.

This change still does not remedy that audio is not only a studio asset but an asset you SHOULD be able to use in-game. just like decals.

16 Likes

That’s correct, thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

bro, i saw a guy that literally uploaded like a whole song with the n word etc. and even after the sound got deleted he could still play it IN HIS GAME, so idk if the update makes any difference since you can still bypass stuff either way

Okay thx for the answer, also please add a button to play our audios in the new dashboard because it’s not good without!

And also another bug, you approved me for uploading audios but you dont let me allow sfx I uploaded before
New sfx :

Old sfx :

2 Likes

I swear you could already do this? Is the new thing that you can have like 10 second sounds now instead of 6? Well definitely more than 6 seconds is nice.

1 Like

This is not what I meant. Currently, it is impossible to filter sounds created by Other Creators without including sounds created by Roblox. It would be nice if we can only see sounds created by Other Creators and not include any Roblox sounds on the list.

I think this will help you:

I’ve listed some ways of filtering out Roblox-made audio here.

Hi again, thanks for your feature request to be able to playback audio on the Creations > Audio page; I’ll make a note of that to our team!

As for your second “bug” – that’s actually an intended behavior. Re: @complexlint’s previous comment here:

1 Like

I wish that option would be available too.

Roblox audio along with ugc audio makes mess in audio store and sometimes it’s difficult to find something.

1 Like

Exactly this, I wanted to word my post as more of a request. In addition to the inventory requirement defeating the purpose of public audio, the small amounts of audio from services like Clippsly and Duetti is near impossible to find without knowing the uploader’s name due to the walls of APM audio that can’t be filtered out.

Its made even worse by the way the audio filter works: you need to know what genre of music you are looking for to search for music versus audio in the library

3 Likes

Just gonna reply to this with a use case as to really sell this point home, considering that I assumed that this audio update would’ve included public audios actually being audible before the “day of silence.”

I program engine sounds to work with cars running A-Chassis, sometimes alongside @Xelluent’s sound engineering. Ever since the audio update it’s been near impossible to have complex engine “sound suites” (imagine FMOD sound banks) be audible in game without allowing the creator of said game access to each individual audio. In my personal best, with 53 sounds, that is an insanely tedious task. This affects an entire community I’m in dedicated to cars.

This also heavily hinders me and a community I’m in as I release my own fictional cars, and have more ready to release yet are paused because of the fact that even newly-made public SFX audios that passed moderation are still not able to be heard in games.

If there’s some type of manual review process, at least be transparent with it, otherwise please at least just let us know if this behavior is intentional or intended to change, as it’s making it near impossible for me to release models to the public without needing to find workarounds or search for older sound suites that are lackluster to the quality of models I want to release.

23 Likes