"Publish to roblox to" or "Save to roblox to" doesn't actually update another selected place under a game using team create

Reproduction Steps
Have two places under a game, both using team creating. In my case they are Main Game and Experimental build

On Experimental build studio, try to publish to the Main Game.

Expected Behavior
The Main Game would be overwritten with the Experimental Build

Actual Behavior
Although the screen says that Main Game published:

What actually happens is that the Experimental Build is published to itself instead.

Version history of Main Game:

Workaround
I have to download a copy and publish from that local file which is very time consuming and highly inconvenient

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date Last Experienced: 2021-09-09 00:09:00 (-04:00)

6 Likes

I had this problem also when working with my friend on a game. The solution was to commit edits to all of the scripts that were edited.
I did this by clicking Publish To Roblox, then I was prompted with an option to Commit All Edits, once I did that my friend could see my progress on the game when in team create.

1 Like

I had no such popup when i used Publish to Roblox, and all scripts were already committed

1 Like

Hmmm that’s weird. Did you try shutting down the servers and then rejoining studio?

1 Like

No because It is unreasonable to shut down the servers just to attempt to update a place with another.

As for rejoining studio, multiple times to no avail

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Hey Hyperant,

I tried to recreate your issue but was unable to. Here’s what I did:

1. Create a new game called “MainGame”, turn on TeamCreate
  2. Add a new place to this game via AssetManager called “ExperimentGame”
  3. Open “ExperimentGame” and turn on TeamCreate, close “MainGame”
  4. File → Publish to Roblox As, select MainGame (Experience) then select “MainGame” (Place) within and click Publish
  5. Go to the Configure Place, Version History page on roblox.com for “MainGame” (Place)

Observations:

1. Within Version History page, there is a recent version that marked as published reflecting the publish action I took in step 4 above
  2. The contents of “MainGame” place were successfully overwritten with contents of “ExperimentalGame”

This may have been fixed since the time you originally posted this report. Could you please check again when you can?

You should also notice a recent update we made that fixes and clarifies a lot of output messages like the one you noticed in your original report. See Improved Save Messages & More for more information.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you are still seeing this issue, or have any questions. Thanks!

I regret to inform you that this issue still persists:

Sorry to hear that Hyperant.

Could you please clearly describe the actions you’re taking to reproduce the issue, similar to how I outlined steps 1-5 above? I want to ensure we are both aligned on how the issue is produced.

Something else to try: could you please follow steps 1-5 in my post above to see if you are able to reproduce the issue with a new place? I see the version number is very high in your screenshot so I’m assuming you are trying this with an existing place. This will help determine the scope of the issue.

Thanks for your help with this!

These are my steps

1.) Load up into “ExperimentalPlace”, which is a place under MainGame that has team create enabled

2.) File → Publish to Roblox As, select MainGame and then select MainPlace, which is under MainGame

3.) Go to the Configure Place for MainPlace, Version History page

I am not sure if this is related but I tend to have people in the same place as I am in when attempting to publish.

Were these steps completed with a brand new place or were you still testing with your existing place? If the latter, could you please try reproducing with a brand new place? I would also suggest trying without people in the same place to eliminate other variables that may be causing this bug. Thanks.

This bug has now started to occur in all of my places.

@Hyperant is this issue still happening? Several of us tried to reproduce the issue and couldn’t do so.

The only thing I could think this might be is due to a naming issue we fixed recently. But I don’t think that’s what it is.

A video would be very helpful.