"Publish to roblox to" or "Save to roblox to" doesn't actually update another selected place under a game using team create

Reproduction Steps
Have two places under a game, both using team creating. In my case they are Main Game and Experimental build

On Experimental build studio, try to publish to the Main Game.

Expected Behavior
The Main Game would be overwritten with the Experimental Build

Actual Behavior
Although the screen says that Main Game published:

What actually happens is that the Experimental Build is published to itself instead.

Version history of Main Game:

Workaround
I have to download a copy and publish from that local file which is very time consuming and highly inconvenient

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date Last Experienced: 2021-09-09 00:09:00 (-04:00)

7 Likes

I had this problem also when working with my friend on a game. The solution was to commit edits to all of the scripts that were edited.
I did this by clicking Publish To Roblox, then I was prompted with an option to Commit All Edits, once I did that my friend could see my progress on the game when in team create.

2 Likes

I had no such popup when i used Publish to Roblox, and all scripts were already committed

1 Like

Hmmm that’s weird. Did you try shutting down the servers and then rejoining studio?

1 Like

No because It is unreasonable to shut down the servers just to attempt to update a place with another.

As for rejoining studio, multiple times to no avail

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes