Purchasing In-Experience Limited Items from Resellers

This is awesome; I hope we get the ability to trade Limited UGC In-Experince with other users too for an even more immersive economy experience

8 Likes

Why is there even a cut to Roblox? They literally are the robux, I don’t see the point?

6 Likes

So like the creator of item gets 20% or the owner of place gets 10% where item is being bought?
Kinda confusing but i wont finally see this “This item has no more copies” text.

5 Likes

I’m very pleased to have this ability. I come across many users with limited items that I would like to buy on-the-fly.

Is this going to eventually include limiteds uploaded by Roblox (This currently only applies to UGC limiteds.)? If so, is there a reason they weren’t included with this just yet?

I own the Flaming Hotphones, although it doesn’t state this in the in-game item viewer with this update.

7 Likes

Great @Roblox!

Now if only you’d explain how the whole process works…

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/so-how-do-you-create-in-experience-ugc/2660028

As a game developer, but not a member of the UGC program, it’s very frustrating seeing this capability being mentioned time and again but not being able to understand how to actually use it, especially because it’s something highly desirable to make my experiences more attractive.

5 Likes

Glad to see this finally addressed since I noticed this extra 10% tax inconsistency a few months back and I’m glad to see that resale purchases can finally be prompted ingame Marketplace: Our Vision and Guiding Principles - #129 by underdocument

5 Likes

Hi! In the Inspect menu, the reseller does not have to be present in the experience.

6 Likes

This launch only applies to UGC Limiteds.

7 Likes

Thanks for flagging this. We are looking into it and will get back with an update.

9 Likes

I am a little confused with the wording of the post,.
In a game I am developing, I will have my own gear & weapons in-game/experience.
I want my players to only buy gear in my experience, as it carries skills etc that benefit them.
Naturally I want them to focus on ONLY my gear, with their robux, and not waste it on gear that has nothing to do with my experience.

I don’t care that I won’t be earning a 10% cut off someone else’s clothing.
I do care about distractions in my experience.

So the question is… can I OPT OUT from it appearing in my experience ?
or…
Is it only for reselling of gear bought in an experience… and reselling it within that same experience ?

Apologies as I’m trying to figure this out.

6 Likes

Sorry, I don’t think I understand the wording very well. If it’s only through the inspect menu, then wouldn’t the reseller have to be present to bring that menu up in the first place?

I guess I’m more asking if it’s possible to buy the cheapest resale listing by just prompting purchase on a limited item that has run out of its original quantity.

5 Likes

No worries, I should’ve been more specific!

This feature introduces the ability for users to purchase resale quantities in-experience. Previously, if you inspected another person’s Avatar (not necessarily the reseller) and saw a Limited item that you’d like to buy, there wasn’t an option to purchase resale quantities even if they were available. Now, if there are resale quantities available, a user could purchase them through this inspect menu.

Prompted purchase of UGC Limiteds will behave like you described. If you prompted a purchase of a UGC Limited that ran out of its original quantity, the user will be prompted with the cheapest resale listing.

8 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. This is a good feature with good intentions and great uses but I’ll feel sorry for a random creator who get’s paid %50 less compared to what they should have because some random person brought the resale from some random game for the owner of that game to take some of the original creators money. It’s great but could be less so if to many experience creators start doing this and badly affecting UGC creators profits

5 Likes

Ah, okay that makes total sense. Thank you!

7 Likes

Maybe you should also look into the below and get back to us with an update? Your AI detection tools seem to be a lot more A than I.

At this point there are thousands of clones now. This is nearly as bad as what happened to “classic clothing”.

There are also hundreds of items just named “[Content Deleted]” and/or with thumbnails that are angled to obfuscate what was uploaded and that evidently this also seems sufficient to bypass whatever detection methods, if any, that are in place.

Try and guess which user below is wearing a real ROBLOX Limited?

Answer: That’s right! none of them are.

14 Likes

look at ur post history ur a roblox fed

10 Likes

Amazing, this will make a more seamless buying and selling experience and also a bit of extra revenue.

6 Likes

roblox has released another update to increase revenue through fees

6 Likes

The next step after this long-awaited update is to make the MarketplaceService’s GetProductInfo function return the PriceInRobux of the lowest priced quantity which at the moment can only be achieved via the HttpService.

7 Likes

UGC Limiteds are mostly scams. Alot of these are fake roblox limiteds too

6 Likes