R15 / Rthro Ragdolls

There’s still countless problems with this :confused:

When a player dies, it does the ragdoll, but the dead player can still move around (as like their camera) and they don’t respawn
https://gyazo.com/3b4f63839a36e7b1d20e0322307a2d82

4 Likes

There are a number of underlying issues with humanoids that prevent ragdolls in general from behaving properly. Humanoid state randomly fails to set, resets when network ownership changes, and doesn’t replicate, which can cause the issues you are seeing. You would need to file a bug report for this.

As for not respawning, these ragdolls don’t touch anything in that area. What may be happening is that your game is running slow which both 1) exacerbates the humanoid state issues and 2) causes issues with respawn.

10 Likes

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem?

1 Like

Yes! Set ownership of the cloned ragdoll to the server, and re-set the Humanoid state to physics.

1 Like

@EchoReaper, Hi

I have found an interesting bug and I have decide to ask you for assistance on finding the source after I did some debugging but I couldn’t find what is causing this:

I’m not entirely sure how attachment.Name could be indexing nil when it clearly prints LeftLowerArm

Code
local function buildAttachmentMap(character)
	local attachmentMap = {}

-- NOTE: GetConnectedParts doesn't work until parts have been parented to Workspace, so
	-- we can't use it (unless we want to have that silly restriction for creating ragdolls)
	for _,part in ipairs(character:GetChildren()) do
		if part:IsA("BasePart") then
			for _,attachment in ipairs(part:GetChildren()) do
				if attachment:IsA("Attachment") then
					local jointName = attachment.Name:match("^(.+)RigAttachment$")
					local joint = jointName and attachment.Parent:FindFirstChild(jointName) or nil

if joint then
						print(joint,joint.Part0,attachment.Name)
						print("joint,joint.Part0,attachment.Name")
						attachmentMap[attachment.Name] = {
							Joint = joint,
							Attachment0=joint.Part0[attachment.Name]; 
							Attachment1=joint.Part1[attachment.Name];
						}
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end

return attachmentMap
end

I would like to mention that I have never modified your Module, I have read through the source multiple times and have a good idea of what it does and how it works.

I’m more than happy to send you the Repro file privately.

3 Likes

I have the solution for the “Phase through object” bug.

You need to disable/enable the collision on the humanoidRootPart when the ragdoll is active/deactive. It’s set to always disabled when the ragdoll is created, but this is not correct.

function setRagdollEnabled(humanoid, isEnabled)

local rootPart = humanoid.Parent:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart")
	if rootPart then
		rootPart.CanCollide = not isEnabled
	end 

end
3 Likes

Also it’s possible to simply send a manual event from the client to the server, when the clients humanoid state changes, and apply the state manually to the players humanoid on the server. This fixes the bug in 99.9% of cases.

My code for doing this is not super pretty, but it works well enough.

3 Likes

(Pretty sure the humanoid state change bug has been fixed with the recent updates to humanoids btw!)

1 Like

Where do I put the script? New to ragdolls.

Hi, I was wondering if I should just ignore this error (wich btw, I get the second error on the screenshot 5 times on the output when I hit play) or not, since it works anyways and it also errors on the demo place. https://i.gyazo.com/89ff0a39ada6c9ba3fa15c3c49ca7139.png .

1 Like

@EchoReaper Does the module works with this?
Dogu15 Rig [Layered]

2 Likes

I personally think it should. It uses attachments as reference.

1 Like

Yes, it does:

6 Likes

How weird, i installed the dogu15 module and the reagdoll module in a test place, then i pressed R, and nothing happened.

Maybe you just run a code that makes thoose characters ragdoll?

1 Like

Are you using the script in the testing place that automatically morphs your character, or are you using the Dogu15 model as a StarterCharacter?

1 Like

Yes, im using it as starter character, do i need to make a ragdoll button?

gtg

2 Likes

In that case, you need to remove line 40 from the RagdollTestScript script.

player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:wait()

CharacterAppearanceLoaded will never happen since you are using a custom character model, so the ragdoll will never be built. I ran into this issue as well and removing this line fixed it for me.

2 Likes

So, if i do it i press R for enable ragdoll mode?

2 Likes

Yes, that should work now, as without that line the ragdoll will be built and can be used.

1 Like

So, anybody have a solution for the sliding problem that @Kabozhi explained ? Because its so annoying and i can’t find a solution

1 Like