R6 animations sometimes do not load in or play (been happening in most r6 games today)

I tried to reproduce it again this morning, and the bug did not happen. This morning, I also have not seen any reports of animations breaking from players. Was a fix made or R6 code reverted? Because it seems to be fine now.

1 Like

Can confirm experienced this issue frequently yesterday but as of today it has not occurred again.

1 Like

Animations just broke again, any engineers willing to figure out what’s causing this to happen almost every week?

Here’s a minimum repro game for proof: Untitled Game - Roblox
The animations that are broken are: Idle, Sit, Climb, Fall, and Item holding.
This only happens in a real game, not in studio
The only workaround is to upload the animations ourselves, but this still needs to be fixed immediately

3 Likes

This is happening to my game starting today again.

This started occurring in my game today. It seems to be a client sided issue because I see some animations play that others cannot.

Update: a tiny fix may or may not have caused the bug to happen again

1 Like

Hi this is happening currently on my game: [UPD] Korblox & Headless Hangout - Roblox

We use R6 swords, and the animation seems wholly broken! You can take a look for yourself if you go into the arena.

Although here’s a reproduction:

Using the Linked Sword: Linked Sword - Roblox
reproductionR6.rbxl (46.4 KB)

1. Take the file and upload it to Roblox
  2. Force R6 on avatars
  3. Join a live session (doesn’t happen in-studio)

Outcome:

1 Like

@Osyris Forgot to ping you about this. Hope it get fixed soon!

Same here. Here’s an image of how to describe my situation:

This ONLY happens for R6. I tested all my R6 games and it’s bugged like this for every game.
It is fine for R15:

This is happening in my game as well, handcuffs do not work at all and it’s ruining the player experience entirely. ⛓️ Stateview Prison - Roblox

Are we able to expect a patch on this soon?

1 Like

So first of all, roblox is experiencing some performance issues with cross-play etc, already reported it. But im assuming this is another error that may be updated/fixed soon. I don’t know a set time/date, But they should be working on this R6 problem soon. Any info should be posted here: status.roblox.com, or on the devforum.

This issue is currently happening in my game, can we get an update on if this is currently being investigated

Game link: Combat Warriors - Roblox

Same thing from when this happened 6 days ago.

1 Like

Same issue happening in my game.

Game link; TPS: Ultimate Soccer - Roblox

7 Likes

Not happening in mine and I’ve forked the R6 animation script long ago. Might be related to new strafing stuff?

Currently happens on R15 as well but only on live servers - not in studio (animation length is 0 when trying to load and it tries to load forever) - [New!] Miraculous™ RP: Ladybug & Cat Noir - Roblox

1 Like

It is also happening to me, I always get annoyed when it happens. I just don’t get why Roblox doesn’t do anything about it. R6 is apart of history and a lot of people like me use it.

2 Likes

Happening to me too, ends up not letting any basic tool animations load either.

2 Likes

Can confirm this is still occurring.

1 Like

This issue is occurring again, I’m not even using Animations, I’m just manually setting the Transform property of Motor6D’s

It’s also been reported if you have a different animation pack equipped beside the default, it works fine. But if you have the default animation pack equipped, the issue occurs

1 Like