R6 animations sometimes do not load in or play (been happening in most r6 games today)

Same issue happening in my game.

Game link; TPS: Ultimate Soccer - Roblox

7 Likes

Not happening in mine and Iā€™ve forked the R6 animation script long ago. Might be related to new strafing stuff?

Currently happens on R15 as well but only on live servers - not in studio (animation length is 0 when trying to load and it tries to load forever) - [New!] Miraculousā„¢ RP: Ladybug & Cat Noir - Roblox

1 Like

It is also happening to me, I always get annoyed when it happens. I just donā€™t get why Roblox doesnā€™t do anything about it. R6 is apart of history and a lot of people like me use it.

2 Likes

Happening to me too, ends up not letting any basic tool animations load either.

2 Likes

Can confirm this is still occurring.

1 Like

This issue is occurring again, Iā€™m not even using Animations, Iā€™m just manually setting the Transform property of Motor6Dā€™s

Itā€™s also been reported if you have a different animation pack equipped beside the default, it works fine. But if you have the default animation pack equipped, the issue occurs

1 Like

The issue in my game is that most of the default ROBLOX animations do not play, those being Jump, Sit, and Tool Equip animations. There are no custom animations in my game, it is based on old ROBLOX, so there would be no reason for it to be an issue I caused. Screenshot below.

1 Like

I am also getting this issue but only for when the player is falling down. ( Falling animation. )

This issue started randomly happening to us yesterday. The issue is apparent on all platforms.

1 Like

This issue is still occurring. Does anybody know any temporary fixes for it? @iiPotatoFlamesii did a test stating that the FallAnim track could be the one causing this so disabling it could possibly work

Both the R6 sit and idle animations appear to be completely broken as of right now in live games.

Getting this error in my game Empire Clash. We unload/destroy our animations properly when tools are uneqipped so this is a memory leak on Robloxā€™s end. Any fix or help would be appreciated.

Some players of mine have also been reporting similar problems at the moment.

Currently still occurring, in both R6 and R15 games. This issue isnā€™t isolated to R6.

The animation update quite literally has broken everything.

3 Likes

I saw it happening yesterday I thought it was my game

Most war clan forts and facilities that use R6 seem to be broken as well. Our swords in a lot of our facilities in F.E.A.R are almost impossible to fight with now since it will just lunge into the ground.

After testing I found a temporary fix for R6 anims. What I found out is that the idle, tool idle, and fall animation tracks donā€™t stop/gc even when calling the Stop() and Destroy() functions.

Scripts are in the StarterCharacterScripts folder:
R6 Animatin Temp Fix.rbxl (44.2 KB)

Note: idle, tool idle, fall, and climbing animations will not play with this temporary fix. This is to prevent animation tracks from stacking to the track instance limit

1 Like

Hello again, animations are still broken after 24 hours. We appreciate the engineers trying to fix the ongoing issue.

1 Like

Yeah, they should be forced to load only once. Itā€™s an issue with animation track instances Iā€™m guessing, and the official Roblox animation script does not account for that. I found a means of stopping stacking by checking for the animation track, and lest it does not exist, an animation is loaded onto the humanoid. This was a problem I came across, and hopefully dealt with properly. Chances are, when (or if) a fix comes, animations will no longer have to be loaded just one time.

E.g.:

-- From a specific part (function playAnimation) of the official script that causes this issue, which I revised here: 
local isAnim = findAnimInTrack(humanoid:GetPlayingAnimationTracks(), anim.Name)
if isAnim.trf == false then
	currentAnimTrack = humanoid:LoadAnimation(anim)
else
	currentAnimTrack = isAnim.anm
end

-- Paired with a simple function to check for the tracks: 
function findAnimInTrack(tr, nm)
	for i, v in pairs(tr) do
		if v.Name == nm then -- As you can see, definitely not a good method, but still works if you have differing animation names.
			return {trf=true,anm=v}
		end
	end
	return {trf=false,anm=nil}
end

This was replicated in the other animation function, playToolAnimation. When the fixes were made, animations worked in-game. Of course, for studio, I canā€™t say - my animations havenā€™t worked there at all, fixed script or not. Found myself here after encountering problems in Animator Reaches 256 Tracks and No More are Played.

1 Like