R6 to R15 Adapter [Beta]: Enable R15 Tech in R6 Experiences

I did a quick calculation and since 2016(introduction of r15) the userbase has grown by a factor of 30 (gone up 30x). That means the amount of users who have made accounts since 2016 and the introduction of R15 is about 96.7% (30/31 * 100) of robloxs userbase.

98% is a perfectly reasonable statistic for how many users are R15 avatars, espicially considering how many people with older accounts are now inactive and most likely not included in the 98% statistic.

1 Like

What about games where raycast result are counting r6 bodyparts ( r6 bodyparts have a space in their name and r15 not. ) ?

Those games are staying in R6.

it does not support normal r6 animation
r6 animation using this adapter
og r6
this is how the animation is supposed to look in r6

for context on why it’s a different avatar than this one is,because this is on one of my other accounts from some game i’m working on

scaling is also a bit off,head is obviously way too big.

physics of the body parts freeze when dying too,only the torso actually has physics
broken physics

this needs a lot of work before i even consider using it in ANY of my games,although i really don’t make many of my games public anyways.

1 Like

Awesome! Been waiting for this for a while now, can’t wait for this to officially release

Don’t say half of the developer community is upset? How are you picking an underdog story whilst picking the half the developer community story? You need to pick one lol. I’m not looking past anything I just said that half the community isn’t outraged.

I showed you that bundle that you can’t recreate with R6.

I told you that’s because more options are possible logistically with R15. Are you admitting R15 is a better product?

A game is in the interest of people playing, if there was actually a pool of people who wanted to use R6 then a game would adopt that. People in this thread have already said that R6 is easy to work with so it is in their benefit to use R6. But they don’t because they realized that more people want R15.

The fact that the userbase has gone up 30x since 2016 has nothing to do with the fact that R15 was introduced that year. All you’re seeing is the natural growth of Roblox’s playerbase, people who have never played wouldn’t even understand R15 or R6, certainly not enough to join because of one or the other.

5 Likes

if you play r6 animation with this feature enabled,nothing as far as i’m aware,since i tried it on my game and,it just didn’t play any r6 animation.

misses the point of what im saying cutely

2 Likes

could someone please elaborate on what it means when they say the r6 technology is retiring

it means that R6 is gonna stop getting updates, only for game breaking bug fixes and stuff like that

no but like what does “r6 technology” mean

Enum.HumanoidRigType.R6. That’s what it means.

Nothing’s stopping you from switching it to R15 but still having 6 body parts.

This is pretty ignorant lol, are you saying that Roblox working their socks off to release R15 didn’t at all increase the player base at all? You’d think Roblox would be smart enough to forsee if introducing R15 was a good idea or not. I mean cmon guys it’s the real world. R15 introduced a myriad of different options for accessorizing avatars so it isn’t farfetched to think that player numbers went up because of it.

oh alright, thanks for the information

I see your point, but @chesse20 seemed to be implying that 100% of them joined because of them adding a new rig. I heavily doubt that anyone who didn’t already play would care at all.

An update gaining players vs being a good idea are two different things, not usually related to each other.

i think a lot of people here need to realize that correlation doesn’t mean causation

1 Like

Thank you so much for replying! I have experimented with those R15 skinned meshes in the past. I actually really loved how they looked. Honestly you’re right about animating the whole arm, I’ll give it a try sometime! Thank you again!

All they do is glaze and dodge brody

2 Likes

I was implying the majority (98% of users) have no reason to change their avatar into one with less features and articulation and since 97% percent of all accounts have been made since 2016 its apparent that only a small group of roblox users have had reason to change to R6.

I’m not implying that users joined roblox becuase of r15, just that most users don’t have a reason to change their avatar into a strictly worse avatar rig.