R6 to R15 Adapter [Beta]: Enable R15 Tech in R6 Experiences

All I’m saying is that unless Roblox specifically shows us the numbers, neither claim can be validated.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, but this really depends on the player count, the rendered part amount in your game, etc. On average games, the performance is almost unnoticeable.
However, in big games like Jailbreak, this might have an impact since R15 has a lot more animated parts than R6, but even that still doesn’t create an important impact on gameplay.
It really depends on the game, since R6 and R15 character rigs are essentially a bunch of parts moving around and R15 has 9 more parts, which I don’t really think puts a lot more effort on the physics and rendering engine to handle.

2 Likes

So I wasn’t insane. I think it may keep your body size

I’m seriously confused. Are you actually a troll? (For context this person said that they dislike every game that forces R6 on another topic which was about a physics update that got abandoned)

If that was the point of the update then it would be fine, unfortuantely the point of the update is different. To “phase out” R6, R6 should never be “phased out”.

2 Likes

I see what you did there. You somehow imply that because most people like to use R15 it means that they want R6 to be removed, which is toatlly false.

Why? Whats wrong with people using R6 avatars if people can choose to use R15 as well?

Remember than neoclassic is NOT the same as the blocky style!!

This should mean that you should not remove the R6<->R15 toggle from the avatar creator!

5 Likes

What do you mean? I said Roblox will remove R6 because more people want R15, never implied anything but ok.

1 Like

That’s the biggest lie you guys said.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the adapter. We really appreciate your feedback!

We have added additional FAQs to address some of the questions and concerns you’ve raised.

19 Likes

Great to have clarification, especially in regards to the animations and Motor6D behavior.

The only thing yet to be addressed is the difference between the adapter and native R6 visually. The adapter (last time I checked) still has very different proportions and general scaling, while also lacking the smooth shading and flat tops on the legs. The R15 joints where the two torso parts meet, and where the hands and feet begin are also visible when they shouldn’t be.

I still think the solution proposed here is a better approach to both rig types since they’re visually similar, with the only change I think they need being smooth shading to hide the awkward bevels at the edges of the limbs. R15 also looks better here (in my opinion) due to the lack of visible joints. The smooth limbs are why I stick to R6 to begin with - if R15 had them too I’d have no problem using it.

9 Likes

I now see the problem. It’s best if ROBLOX disables it automatically and let developers decide whether they want to include it or not in their experience. Again, this is just from my point of view.

4 Likes

THANK YOU ROBLOX!

With all the new FAQ added to this post, I am now convinced that this would be a great update.

At least now it’s confirmed that the rig will be exactly the same as r6 but with r15’s mesh types, and that animations using legacy r6 are planned to work on the adapter. At least now I won’t have to worry about my game or any game made during 2006-2015 breaking lol.

Rare roblox W

2 Likes

I would like the weird stretching of the torso to arms and legs scaling to go away because it makes characters look WaCky why cant you just remove this and set classic proportions with the characters hands and feet put where they are in the R6 rig i am fine with a dismembered character like in real R6 to WIDE torso man.

1 Like

funny how this company can’t explain the absurd choice of scaling and proportions with R6 adaptation versus regular R6.

cause im sure everyone’s gonna love a giant head and tiny hips when this is forced on all experiences.

8 Likes

Any clarification if this emulator will replace the R6 in the avatar editor? Can we also get a guarantee that this product will remain opt-in, or at least opt out only for new places?

1 Like

It’s not. This is merely a way for R15 avatars to work in R6 games.

1 Like

Thats the thing though, roblox hasn’t mentioned the avatar editor one single bit. If roblox is willing to put classic faces offsale and force a gamebreaking emulator onto old games, I have little doubt roblox is also willing to force it into the avatar editor.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that when you imply something, that doesn’t necessarily mean that what is said, is what is suggested that isn’t at face value.

2 Likes

I don’t suggest anything though.

How do you get at that conclusion unless you’re intentionally misinterpreting what I said?

Im not trying to interpret what you said nor did i try to make any conclusion at all. All i did was say that you dont need to explicitly state your claim, opinion or idea in order to convey the general message of what youre trying to send.

(i replied because i accidentally deleted my post sorry about that)

2 Likes