R6 to R15 Adapter [Beta]: Enable R15 Tech in R6 Experiences

but if its deprecated roblox will most likely be ded

with emulated r6 or no r6 its still dying then

Depreciated doesn’t mean it’s being removed, it simply means support for it is being ended. The BodyMovers have been depreciated for years now, but they are still used in a ton of games. That being said, as the years go on and physics updates come out, BodyMovers get glitchier and rougher in movement - they are no longer supported, so that is gonna happen.

That being said, does anyone know when exactly they are being depreciated?

A bigger concern for R6 getting depreciated, is how will it affect games that still use R6’s visibility? ROBLOX has been changing the game search algorithm a ton recently, and there have been accusations that ROBLOX has started to favor games that have much higher revenue stats than others, even if the game(s) is low quality, so I can definitely see them punishing developers who continue to use R6 with worse game search algorithm results.

1 Like

I know what “deprecated” means. I’m just saying that when the technology is no longer supported, I believe you will not have the ability to use R6 anymore.

As for when this will happen, I believe the deprecation of R6 will happen once the adapter is all fine-tuned. Since the adapter still has flaws with scaling and actions, Roblox is currently polishing it up. When the adapter is all finished with all the major glitches ironed out, that’s when they’ll finish the deprecation of R6. While I can’t give you an exact date, I believe this will happen somewhere between Q3-Q4 2024.

So, roughly a year from now. Got it.

I have one active game at this moment that uses R6, and another one in development that was meant for R6 but I might as well make it R15 at release now.

I have another game that my dev team and I have largely depreciated ourselves, and it receives no updates outside of extremely minor QoL fixes. I have no intention to convert this game over to R15 in any capacity, especially given that it has such low player counts now.

I wonder what will happen to that game, should I ignore it completely when R6 is depreciated/removed.

1 Like

R15 will most likely be forced onto the game anyway, causing anything that relies on R6 to break.

1 Like

Only things we have that rely on R6 are gun/weapon animations, and equipping of certain armors. It won’t be difficult to do, but the playerbase of all our games seems very resistant to R15 conversion.

1 Like

Maybe make their starter character have the Oldschool Animation Package equipped by default? I’m not really sure about Roblox’s positions on animation packages, so it maybe could be possible?

1 Like

No, I mean that the animations for our weapons/guns in our games are made for R6 avatars, like reloading, shooting, etc.

Then you will end up having to redo those. If you don’t feel like working with 15 parts, you can move the whole limb rather than a seperate part of the limb (unless you’re striving for realism).

1 Like

Won’t be difficult to do. I just deal with a playerbase for my games that strongly strongly does not want R15 in the game

If you have a playerbase that tends to use R6, then I’d make every animation look as close to R6 as possible. This may be a bit tedious to do, but if your playerbase really likes the look and feel of R6, then you should probably make every animation look similar to R6 (not saying you absolutely should, but it would help a lot with what you’re trying to achieve).

To give a breakdown of what is going to happen. Roblox is trying to Update R6 to adapt with R15 characters to work with Unsupported Skinned Rthro Bundles, Dynamic heads, and the Rest of UGC bundles and heads are going to work with R6.

Here is the Experience simulating what may going to happen:

My opinion: If Roblox Adds the feature, This may open new ways of configuring what clothing you want OR EVEN use 1.0 Layered clothing created for Blocky Avatars.

3 Likes

In all honesty, if this is the emulation. It’s not that bad, only complaint would be the visuals. The proportions have been fixed, sadly you can easily see the individual limbs, and thus it does feel different. Although this can be fixed by using UGC bundles, like the bundles that aim to emulate the classic R6 Rig.

Like this for example, it’s decently affective at making it look like the classic R6, so there’ll be options for everyone.

Comparing this to the default look, UGC bodies are an obvious improvement.

It’s unlikely that Roblox will try to create their own bundles specifically for converted R6. R6 will be removed eventually in the coming future, and it’s probably not far away. I’m glad that they are dedicating their time to actually make the converter feel and look like R6, instead of out right removing R6.

3 Likes

This is using a custom emulator for R6, the actual one has not been fixed in the slightest yet.

This game shows what it actually looks like right now.

4 Likes

Yeah no, that’s leagues worse. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon, as this is just unacceptable.

2 Likes

Knowing roblox, they probably wont. One can hope, though.

I agree with this. If Roblox makes like the emulation of what I did. we may reach get into what I have. but the limbs appearing may need to be adapt with layered clothing. But still, anything but that.

Hey, I’m just wondering,

What did you do to make your version of the converter? It works and plays very well, and makes obbying tech like wall-hops possible on R15. And another thing, could you make the experience copyable? I would like to see how you made this.

Edit: Wall-hops and other obbying tech weren’t working on my game because I had the new character controller on :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2: roblox devfourm i did not put an emoji why did you put that

1 Like

Certainly! I actually got this from @Stalkalek a and changed a bit the scripts to match Perfecly with the original R6. You can get the place here.
Jhansen199s-Place-Number-94.rbxl (312.8 KB)
And also i already made it uncopylocked. so averyone can get a touch of what i did. :blush:

Edit: I actually Uncopylocked the place
20:13, 25/09/2023

1 Like