R6 to R15 Adapter [Beta]: Enable R15 Tech in R6 Experiences

That… wasn’t your original point? You were saying that the compatibility layer will keep obbies working… I was saying that it doesn’t work like that. How is the user makeup relevant to that?

9 Likes

It’s a waste of resources. R15 as I said multiple times supports all of R6’s features.

3 Likes

play popular r6 game next time

6 Likes

There are still a ton of weird tricks possible with R6 and impossible with R15 that obbies use to create interesting gameplay that animations won’t solve

11 Likes

… That doesn’t change their statistic. They said that on average players spend 40% longer in non r6 experiences. These games won’t go away just because roblox lets people use r15 features in r6. People might even spend more time in them if they can use their r15 avatar in a r6 form.

This update literally doesn’t get rid of r6, it makes it look better by letting people use their normal avatars in r6 games rather than have their characters robbed of all their layered clothing and spawn in unclothed.

5 Likes

add Juke’s towers of hell on top of this. It RELIES on R6.
yeah ik R6 will be possibly deprecated in future, BUT will stay, but sometimes some things aren’t just possible with either R6 or R15.
also if R6 gets deprecated, im concerned of the fact like what if there is something that potentially breaks R6, would it be just forgotten and it’ll be left rot?

7 Likes

For comparison, here’s how the R21 rig works:

So, it’s obvious this update is a joke and is just for animations only.

There’s only ONE r15 part in this rig: the RightHand. It holds the tool and nothing more. Works fine, but I cannot map clothing onto the rig!!!

10 Likes

I don’t agree. R6 should stay. If it actually becomes R15 only, I’ll quit.

24 Likes

The compatibility layer is still in the beta stage. Obviously, it’s not going to work perfectly for the first time. You can send any bugs that you find it here or send suggestions on which features should be added to make it better.

5 Likes

if developer wants, he can take away animations
and replace them with his own r6

3 Likes

Meanwhile I made my compatibility later in a matter of minutes 11 months ago and it works flawlessly.

3 Likes

They aren’t going to intentionally add what are essentially bugs turned features for R6 into this, I know that.

6 Likes

cmon dawg you know thats not 1:1

8 Likes

Not the same, this is my third time saying that…

5 Likes

youre forgetting the obby community, specifically the community dedicated to juke’s tower of hell. it has to rely on bugs such as /e dance2 wallclipping or other techniques with shiftlock and collision shenanigans. it would very likely not be possible on R15 because the collisions would be different and so is the entire R15 controller logic.

11 Likes

Well, that’s pretty cool. Shows how easy it is to emulate the features, though every experience can be different and they need to make this flawlessly as this is going to be a very important change.

3 Likes

“not the same” bro play retrostudio if u need nostalgia, r6 has been took away since emotes/bundles/dynamic head/clothes/rthro came out, r6 is not realistic and was made for games that u can make under 3 weeks, if you need games same level as front lines you will never use r6

4 Likes

Huh? How does this apply at all?

It is literally a feature. It isn’t removed.

9 Likes

Relying in bugs is not good though. Surely they know that they can be fixed any second?

Like what happened with shiftlock clipping

4 Likes

The point is that they mostly haven’t. This update would fix those bugs.

6 Likes