Range Fog Incoming

Awesome! Any plans to have fog affect skyboxes similar to this imitation?

26 Likes

Couldn’t you achieve the effect that you’re describing by setting the skybox to the fog color? Though I suppose this becomes impossible when you have a day/night cycle…

1 Like

no Color3 for skyboxes though?

1 Like

Not bad, Not Bad. Could be better.

You see… circle beats rectangle any day. But maybe not a triangle.

The fact that this change is going to be invisible AND forced is candy to my eyes. I hated rectangle fog and I expect that games never use it if a better solution (this) was ever introduced.

Goodbye rectangle fog, you won’t be missed.

5 Likes

What I meant by

Is that you can upload a solid color which matches your fog color and use that on all faces of your skybox.

This only works when its daytime (since the skybox wouldn’t be dark) and when the time isn’t changing. Feature requests for configurable time of day shading: Sky.UpperHue and Sky.LowerHue ColorSequences

This request is broad since setting UpperHue and LowerHue to the same value effectively gets you Skybox.Color3

I’d love it if there was a way to draw some kind of invisible box that stops fog from appearing in buildings, could be a way to keep fog out of interiors and keep them exterior only.

1 Like

That one looks amazing. Great job maxvee and zeuxcg.

This is going to make such a great addition to games. It will add such a sense of realism to them!

Roblox is slowly becoming more and more realistic. I love it!

1 Like

Such an improvement! it perhaps could look better then the current depth fog we have so far. :+1:

Since that isn’t available, maybe you can script out the local fog changes when you are inside the building.

1 Like

The fog now seems to be more interesting

The best way to achieve the effect you want is by having a really large inverted spherical mesh that you’re constantly CFraming to the character’s torso or HumanoidRootPart. It comes out like this:

8 Likes

Thank you to the wizards at Roblox who are making this happen! Range fog will be awesome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The camera works better for this.

2 Likes

Nice, this means better optimization for games too :sunglasses:

1 Like

More realistic and more circular. Great update!

1 Like

I seriously figured this would be here by now. But I’ll take any fog updates I can :slight_smile:

These fog controls are really gonna be a massive help to developers building city maps for horror genre games or possibly high altitude maps above a cloud cover to which this could represent, this is gonna be a really good thing to help developers build according to their project needs.