Rasterizer in Roblox

Hello World!

So I’ve been thinking of making a custom game engine in a game engine. And yes, the game engine I picked is Roblox lol. So the past few days I have been scripting a rasterizer!!!

So I finished and here is a spinning cube.

Gimme feedback pls

4 Likes

Woah :exploding_head:

That’s actually crazy, I wonder how much math you had to do lol.

It looks like something I created with WebGL.

1 Like

Looks dope! I like the analog style to it all, very cool making it able to see the wireframe of the part there; is it laggy? I’m sure you could make a really unique game using that art style, keep up the hard work :+1:

I made 3 custom modules that recreated Roblox’s built in functions, you see those modules at the top. Those are the custom modules I made cause the built in ones didn’t work.

And the math built in functions are too slow. It only took me 5 days to fix some bugs but thats all.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

The resolution is the same resolution as the PS1 resolution and no, it is not laggy. The resolution optimizes the game.

I’m also planning to make a game engine inside Roblox’s game engine lol.

If you were to ever succeed in this, which I hope you will, you’d win the congressional gold medal!

But seriously, this is legitamately sick. I hope to see more of this stuff in the future.

Truly innovative!
:wink:

1 Like

Most heartwarming compliment I’ve gotten so far

1 Like

Yo, I made one of these awhile back too! I love rasterizers. This is very good.

All you have to add now is polygon rendering and .OBJ file loading :3

I’m currently working on that right now! And it’s going out really smoothly. Love your CanvasDraw module dude. It also runs 60 fps right now.

2 Likes