Rate my Blender Gun Please

I modeled a hand gun in blender, any opinions? This is my first blender model of a gun by the way. As well as my first render. Thanks!

13 Likes

It looks pretty cool i like it

2 Likes

Woah, that looks cool like the iPhone X in Blender

1 Like

Amazing work! Maybe add some lightning? Looking forward for your quality work! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much! Appreciate it

1 Like

Yeah I should experiment with more lighting

1 Like

Thats very nice of you. I like that iphone x, they made it very well.

2 Likes

No problem man :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it. Be sure to post it in DevForum, I’m sure everyone will like it!

1 Like

Wow… that looks cool! Maybe add abit of lighting here and there, other then that everything seems great!

1 Like

Hey! :ghost:
The gun looks fine. The handle part looks thicker than the actual gun part and from judging what I’ve seen a gun look-like, it’s the opposite (work on your grays & blacks too!).
Please, refer to the DevForum rules for feedback & rating your post.
Sincerely,
FallinqSnowFlake :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Looks like a decent handgun however is it normally for the gun exterior to be one color implemented on it? Handguns kind of feature a lighter brownish color on the grip area is that already planned out.

I feel like the front interior the muzzle could be a title opening through it to be able to fire, I find it’s a bit to smooth perhaps add your own bits of details here and there around the interior that more could improve the overall design. It is important to add some minor details to it, however, since it looks like your going for a low poly design it doesn’t need all those objects at the start it looks pretty decent.

Is this going to be used in a game or just for practicing modeling?

1 Like

Whoa that’s a stunning gun model. I really love the design. Can’t wait to see more work from you! I would experience more with lighting. It’ll help make the model look amazing!!

1 Like

Just practice models not for use in any game.

Very nice for a first blender model, I’ve been doing blender for at least 3 months now. This is very good for a first model. Every model has its pros and cons. The Barrel where the bullet would come out try using the Boolean modifier in the modifier section. So it has a opening like a gun. Under the barrel try using the subsurface modifier too round it more. Then the handle try having a little grip section where the gun would be held. Very nice for a first model :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good start with your mesh…
You need to look into face shading i think…
What you want to do is change the surface shade flat/smooth settings.
if you tab out into object mode then right click it will give you an option to shade the model flat or shade smooth.
Have a go with how each one looks, but what we actually want is a bit of both.
so shade the model smooth for now and go back into editing mode
so what we need to do is mark the edges we want to stay sharp,select the edges where you want them to be square use ctrl+e then select mark as sharp. They should turn sky blue.
If you use the face selector you can manually choose which faces are shaded in which way.
Thats pretty much face shading…
https://sketchfab.com/VartkeSoftworks/models <— link to my sketchfab so you know im not messing with ya!

1 Like

Did you mean too include me into your reply?

no, no i did not… XD soz
30 Characters

1 Like

Very good! The Trigger is a bit small though.

1 Like

looks like its melting but its great for a first weapon :slight_smile:

1 Like