Rate my build. x/10

This build looks very advanced. I love the sun rays and how they shine on the floor. Like previously stated, one thing you could have done better was to make the floor a little more dirty. Just to make it look more realistic. Other than that, this build looks fantastic. Keep doing what your doing with the amazing builds! :smiley: 9.5/10

1 Like

9/10

The fact that the surfaces are all smooth outline ruins the aesthetic a bit. I like how the godrays shine through the window and the overall theme though, nice work!

But yeah the outlines kinda ruin it.

1 Like

Gonna change it. Now seeing without the outlines it does make it more realistic and more simple.

2 Likes

I also agree with this. If this is an abandoned house you should make it dirtier. Also the lights on the ceiling appear to be on, if it was abandoned they probably would not be on. This also is the same for the candle. If it has been abandoned it would not be burning still. 7.5/10

2 Likes

This is a really good build, the lighting is pretty attractive, and the colours match together, which gives a special look to the room. Keep up the good work ! :smiley:

2 Likes

For me, definitely a 10/10. I think the lighting especially compliments the furniture overall, and gives a formal aroma as a whole.

1 Like

10/10 Build

I wanted to point out something impressive in this piece, is the successful incorporation of textures and decals throughout. I find that detailed decals often donā€™t fit in the setting there in for many ROBLOX projects, so I simply donā€™t like pictures made from decals. However, because the walls have the same noise and consistency with details of the painting, it works great! The room has a complete tone and energy all over. I think its amazing, great work!

1 Like

I actually didnā€™t notice the pictures when I had a look, good catch! You have a good point, the pictures fit in extremely well.

2 Likes

You sure you made this? I donā€™t want to call you out but the couple of the assets even the roof design the an exact copy of the one I made for my showcase called Apartment 23.

1 Like

Before this creation, I saw your build and explored all of them. I tried to recreate the roof type of style. Since my build is an abandon room type of feel, I was looking around to see other peoples creation that would be a good detail design. As in for the roof, I used the same textures and design. One thing I did not use in the creation was the curvature in the pipes since my room was just square. Another thing I did different was that I didnā€™t create light bulbs as big as yours. I also hung leaves from the ceiling to make the roof look a lot older.

1 Like

The leaves definitely a good touch, and having small lights is great.

2 Likes

But the lights hanging down are the the exact same, pipes and overhangs are the same position from the bedroom in my game.

I remember someone leaking loads of my assets including things from the Shiguto projects Iā€™ve worked on too couple of months ago one of them was the roof layout guessing you using that?

2 Likes

I can understand where youā€™re coming from (and itā€™s fine to look at other showcases for inspiration) but when you copy someoneā€™s work, itā€™s quite a bit discouraging for the person who originally made it to say the least. They probably have spent days seeking out inspiration and then maybe even longer trying to perfect the build to the best of their ability. Just taking those assets and putting it in a build you call your own is pretty crappy. I mean, if you know the exact curvature of pipes and light bulb size in one of his showcases and donā€™t even give him a little credit, itā€™s not the best look for you either.

Building is a process. You have shown a lot of creativity in this build just, please, make sure itā€™s your own.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think he made an exact copy, but yeah, giving the original guy credit for inspiring the build would be better.

1 Like

I feel like you got it as a free model somewhere because these both look very identical

Screenshot of the bedroom from Apartment 23

4 Likes

It looks similar, but itā€™s definitely not the same. Besides, the thread should be for feedback, not accusing him of free-modeling. If he did, itā€™s not blatant theft, at most itā€™s taking inspiration from others.

2 Likes

Even though this thread is for suggestive feedback, if someone steals someones assets without credibility to the original creator, itā€™s a thing thatā€™s frowned upon with some people in the dev community, most especially, the creator.

As a note, Iā€™ve seen Eggtation using free models in his previous builds (not to call him out), but there again, I told him to credit builders for their work.

And yet again, if he was inspired by a certain build/showcase, he/she couldā€™ve at least credited the builder on the thread, considering it looks extremely similar.

And yes, while itā€™s not theft, it is plagiarism.

7 Likes

I would give it a 9/10, because I think you could add maybe a little more detail on the lamps. It looks like it have been a house with a rich owner, but i think the lamps remove that impression a little. Make them look expensive.

1 Like

I love lighting, 9/10 nice job!

1 Like

Well, the fact that heā€™s done this before makes it much more concerning than if it was his first time being accused of plagiarism.

Also, I never said he shouldnā€™t be crediting the original inspiration, just that it didnā€™t seem like obvious copying before I knew that it wasnā€™t his first time using free models. I really do hope this isnā€™t a free model though, and that itā€™s just a misunderstanding.

2 Likes