"Raycasting: Making a Laser Gun" has outdated instructions

Link: Intro to Raycasting

The post that i have provided is trying to help us on creating a laser gun, the problem is that there’s a small outdated part in the tutorial: Roblox Sets. Here is the image provided from the site:

Roblox Sets were an old tab in the toolbox, which was removed, so basically, this post is outdated and needs an update. I would be confused if my brother wouldn’t told me that Roblox Sets was removed, since I’m a new developer.

This article is very outdated and has several issues which were also reported here and here.

3 Likes

This article is basically a recurring joke on the DevForum at this point, it’s reported on so much.

Please give us back community articles.

This article is already on its way out: it should be replaced within a week, probably as soon as Thurs/Fri :slight_smile:

The devhub team is currently in the process of triaging articles like these; this article is just one that gets noticed the most. Basically, we decide on trashing, consolidating, re-writing or keeping the more dated content. However, this one in particular is being re-written and we’re right around the corner from finishing that process.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.