Razer Chroma API

Not a super necessary feature, but I think it’d be cool to have.

Overwatch, for example, has razer chroma integration. Certain things in the game will change the lighting effects of chroma devices (keys light up with ability statuses, colors change with your selected hero)

It’s cool when I’m doing something in the game and my devices respond. I want to be able to do that with my games. Just a basic API where we provide a keycode and a Color3 would be fine I think.

11 Likes

While its very cool, what’s the point of the chroma? Do people look at their keyboards more often than I do?
I’ll look down at my keyboard only after weeks of use to realize certain figures are fading on it.

I honestly dont have any complaints, but I’m just wondering how people actually use this in general.

1 Like

Yeah I never look at my keyboard either, it could be useful for slower paced games though, where looking at your keyboard could be more convenient than going through a menu to check something.

1 Like

The idea isn’t “make something on the keyboard change color to tell the user something”

The idea is “change the color of the keyboard in response to game events to look cool and provide feedback”. No one is looking at their keys, but it gives you a cool feeling when you switch your hero and all your devices change to that hero’s color.

5 Likes

Although I don’t have any Chroma-compatible devices (though I was considering getting a Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma at some point, given that I have a normal Blackwidow Ultimate already), I think this would still be neat to have.

I mean, take Sound Volblox for instance, I could maybe even have the keys for your lanes match colors with the ones you have selected in-game, and even pulse parts of the keyboard to the beat, or something along those lines.

4 Likes

If the colours are changing in response to something you are doing, it’s very noticeable even when you’re not looking at your keyboard directly. Works best in low-light of course.

4 Likes

You just want to play snake on ROBLOX don’t you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaKfStF-jU

1 Like

Hahaha that’s awesome

I think this is an amazing Idea, this feature will allow developers to highlighting key binds and make fancy lighting effects, which will really help make games more immersive. I feel like there is no reason for developers to be limited to just whats on the screen, I think it’d be amazing if we were able to link API’s such as this one into the Roblox platform.

As developers, I’m sure we can all agree that it would be nothing but beneficial for us if we could take advantage of external API’s such as Discord Rich presence and the Razer chroma API.

9 Likes