RBLXManager | Discord to Roblox manager (NOT MAINTAINED ANYMORE)

Hello there,

I’ve created a self-hosted discord bot that can be used to manage your Roblox moderation needs while you’re offline. Yes, I’ve taken inspiration and recreated this bot, however, I’ve made sure to update it, clean up, and bring some new features to the project.

Showcase Video

Latest Update Log

How does it work?

The discord bot is written fully in NodeJS, It does use a few dependencies that are required to run the bot. It also interacts with the Roblox cloud API, to deal with datastores & communicate with the servers.

How to use it?

:warning: If you encounter an “Invalid API Key” error, please go over to the credentials page and give the IP 0.0.0.0/0 authorization so any IP is able to access the API with that specific key. :warning:

Links to downloads

Adding your own command?

• Create a new .js file under one of the subfolders in the commands folder. Feel free to add your own subfolder if you would like.
  • Here is the base template for a command. baseCommand.js · GitHub

Future Plans

Yes, I am planning to maintain this project so no one will have to worry about it being outdated for a while. Please make sure to also recommend new features for the bot, and I might consider adding them.

Thank you,
shr2mp

35 Likes

Are you going to add more commands because I’m looking forward to this project

2 Likes

the model is in the link is out of sale

2 Likes

I imagine this is inspired by [V2] Discord-To-Roblox Ban bot | 100% Free, End User Friendly & Stable! - #179 by RenanMSV and DisRo.

What was cleaned up in comparison to these modules that makes this better? Would love to see in-game announcements, being able to ban for certain durations, and a kick system with a warning shown to a player that’s being kicked.

1 Like

Apologies should be on sale now!

1 Like

Yes, if you’d like to suggest any commands or features I’m very open to them.

:shutdown reason – shutdowns all game servers with a given reason
:announce info-- makes a announcement in the game with a given info

1 Like

I got the inspiration from [V2] Discord-To-Roblox Ban bot | 100% Free, End User Friendly & Stable! - #179 by RenanMSV .

If you do take a look at the source code of both you can see that my bot is more scalable, you are definitely able to add more commands of your own to the bot as It comes with a command handler. If you look at the other bot, and when it was updated it was 2 years ago meaning the code it uses is outdated since the packages have been updated to work with the changes in the Discord API.

Thank you for the suggestions! I’ll make sure to incorporate them in the coming update!

You could add a warn command too

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions, I’ll make sure to take them into consideration for the next update!

or maybe a command that shows all servers list with a job id and then a shutdown command that says you want to shutdown all servers or one server

2 Likes

First of all, you shouldnt be using .jsons for secrets at all. the dotenv module is for that.

second, you should be using slash commands instead. its much easier and better to use than chat commands.

three, do not hardcode a message for kicks and bans. instead, make them an argument.

and more.

well well well

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with you. I was planning on switching it to an env file, while in was writing the bot I was thinking in a sense that you are hosting it on your on personal server like a RPI. I am planning to also incorporate slash commands in the next update. I’ll definitely add an option to add a custom reason but it will be defaulted to the message in the config

1 Like

It would be amazing if you made it where you could run custom commands in servers (custom code) from the bot

1 Like

By that do you mean to create your own discord command for the bot? If so the premade command handler it comes with is pretty easy to use.

Might need a tutorial on hosting this, not going to lie. Getting Missing Script: “start” whenever I try to run the script via Repl.it using npm run start

1 Like

Run npm update to update all the packages as repl.it sometimes messes that stuff up, then use node index.js instead of npm run start to start the bot.

Thanks for this. Managed to get the bot online with this.

However, none of the commands work for me except ;managers - and even that gives me a “Failed to run command, please try again later.” response.

This is probably due to my user error. Any troubleshooting tips?

1 Like

I did come across this while I was attempting to run this on my side. I’m not really sure why that’s happening on repl, but I’m guessing it’s because the virtual server is not able to handle the usage of the bot. However, it was fixed after I turned off the bot and turned it back on. I really recommend using some other service to host the bot.

Getting the same issue with Heroku.