rblxRP - FOSS Rich Presence for Discord

Does the older version (2.0.1) work better? It isn’t a simple menu bar app but it has a more simple code

The discord invite on the Github page is outdated. Very cool though. You should provide build instructions on the Github page though. Overall 10/10

I actually haven’t used it much at all lately. I’m not sure what’s up with it.

It’s so glitchy and laggy to the point that it’s compeltely unusable. I’ve abandoned it and have switched to roPresence.

How would I have my games logo on the rich presense

rblxRP uses your game’s icon for the rich presence image.

Thats weird because when I play my game it just shows the default red roblox icon.

Are you using the latest version of rblxRP? If you are, please send me a screenshot.

I will once Im able too.

CHAZ CHAZ

What’s stopping you? You can use the Windows 10 screenshot utility.
⊞ Win + Shift + S

It does not by default, since discord requires me to upload all game icons in advance, it only includes icons for a handful of popular games

Is there a way I could have my icon added?

The only way to add a a game icon to rblxRP would be to have a popular Roblox game or to fork rblxRP and add the image (you’ll need to register it in the Discord Developer Portal).

The problem with rblxRP is that you don’t have customization. Developers can use RoPresence to set their status. E.g. if your playing a RPG game, RoPresence can set the Rich Presence “state” and “details” fields with custom information if the developer has a token and chooses to update it.

I was planning on adding to that th rblxRP however never got round to actually adding it.

Adding developer provided presences is quite tricky, and even more so when you do 100% of the presence checking on the client than rather on the server (like RoPresence.)

It’s something that’s still on my list of things to do, but not top priority at the moment.

Will 2.3.0 be available for Windows soon?

I’ll see if I can push an update. However I won’t be able to test it, so if it doesn’t work, just try the older version.

Unsure how you’d cause RCE with this one. All data is fetched using the Roblox APIs and sent directly to Discord. This application never connects to any servers out side of this, except for an update check which downloads a list of games which is stored here on GitHub Gist… If you find any issues, the code is completely open source, and if you find any issues, I’d be more than happy to fix them.

Just released 3.0.0! :tada:

It’s a total rewrite of rblxRP that should bring a lot more improvements in the future, and greater stability.

The only current user facing change is the new config page, however the ability for games to provide presence information is planned!

Download → http://rblxrp.xyz

3 Likes

roblox studio rich presence :3?