rblxRP - FOSS Rich Presence for Discord

soon™ ​

(expect it a few days)

Released 3.1.1 for Studio Support :tada:!

Also fixed some bugs!
Download → http://rblxrp.xyz

3 Likes

The icon doesn’t change to the games icon I’m playing. Is there any reason for this?

What game are you playing? Due to Discord limitations there are only so many games that can have icons, and I have to manually upload them to Discord

Some newer games that were released just only months ago. Also just went on Lumber Tycoon 2 and notice the icon works for that. Will it ever be possible for you to make it able to automatically detect the game icon and set it as that?

Sadly not, Discord doesn’t provide a way to just pass an image along with the rich presence. I have to upload an icon to Discord’s website every time I want to add a new game.

(now while it’d be technically possible to cycle in the most popular games, I don’t feel like capturing analytics on users, and interacting with the Discord API in which breaks the terms of service)

Maybe allow other users (who must be put on a whitelist to avoid uploading inappropriate images) to contribute by allowing them to upload other game icons.

Currently, my solution for that is just allowing people to send me a message with a game and I’ll add it when I’m free

Hm. Will you eventually find another way of doing it?

As I said, I would still have to manually upload the images to Discord, logged in as my account. The volume is low enough so that I can just handle them on a one by one basis when people dm me

Not possible, as there’s a limit of 100 custom images through Rich Presence iirc, and the only way to get them to show up is to upload them to the application on the developer portal.

1 Like

3.2.0 released :christmas_tree:

Fixed some bugs and because Discord enabled the feature that allowed us to pull images directly from Roblox without having to manually upload it to Discord ourselves

Download → http://rblxrp.xyz

6 Likes

Is this an opt-in feature or something Discord has to turn on for you?

It seems to be enabled for everyone. I didn’t have to do anything special to get access to it.

1 Like

It has simply broken again.

It doesn’t detect games anymore when you change games. i have to keep installing it

Requesting a fix

2 Likes