RBX Toolbox (Free Blender Addon)

Thx for checking it out… Ya, i keep all the sizing, that was the initial idea to have something in Blender to compare for proper proportions when creating something.
I like to work with 1.0 scale, this way added meshes wont come up giant planes and cubes, then when export it - just set the scale in FBX options to 0.01 (Or use File export option, already preset for this)

PS. i was struggle initially to size up items for Roblox, got to rescale them in Studio after importing. But with the dummies there - now no issues, just design your item based on the dummy proportions and it will be 1:1 in Studio later. ))

1 Like

Whoa… It’s that easy? That’s convenient. I guess Blender’s unit scale has to be 0.01 when importing OBJ files created by Studio (so they’re scaled correctly) but any other time, I can just leave it at 1.0 then set the export scale to 0.01? That’s good to know.

Same! In the past, I just made models at whatever large size that I was making them at without knowing it. I actually only started properly scaling in Blender once I read up about the scale in Roblox’s documentation.

I actually did use the R15 woman dummy from the plugin when I was scaling a commissioned tool model for someone, and it did help! I also used it to make sure the OBJ imports from Studio were accurately scaled (they were).

I’ll probably just use my own dummies for size comparisons since my experience has four specific “age” sizes, and the adult is a bit taller than the standard woman. (Comparing them here, I do like how the woman dummy has her arms out instead of the unnatural default R15 pose.)

1 Like

This is so poggers, I love it.

1 Like

It is the other way around, Roblox is in Blender, for GFX/UGC work as shown.

1 Like

Haha, they are so cuties… Wanted to recommend something that i usually do in the similar situation, but your models are different, so not sure if it will help.
I have cases when i adjusting items for comms in a different scale, or making LC hand toys (long to explain, not important) - so i still spawn same dummy but then i play with the scale values step by step till i get exactly what i need, then i just record it down somewhere. Next time i need - i just scale it again with the values i already found…
Another thing is - you can google/YT on how to create Asset library in Blender and add them as your asset. Next time you can also do 1 click spawn when you need it.

1 Like

You changed the history of GFX creation! I will try making some GFX with this Add-on.

1 Like

Thx LIVONO…

Updated the plugin to v3.1. Added correct Woman cages in LC and also replaced woman dummy with a new one. Does anyone knows if the new woman avatar is a permanent change?
(The head is shifted lower and now most of the masks/heads in store made for woman are offset, if someone didnt noticed).

2 Likes

WIP. Making some improvements to the character import function. Now is 50% faster and also doesnt block UI for too long… Added the option to split the object into Character and accessories so easy to work with them and also easy to rig.

Want to inlcude some Roblox animations inside too so people can do some poses, renders or just test out LC clothing and accessories, but still have no idea on how to export them from Roblox. If anyone have any ideas or somewhere there is ready made ones do share pls.

1 Like

Hii… Check out the 1st post, some new cool features have been added… :melting_face:

Gets reviewed by Robuilder

PDF that was in the video:
RBXToolbox_v.4.2_manual.pdf (1.0 MB)

2 Likes

Updated Toolbox to v.4.3

v.4.3 Changes:

Hotfix:
Fixed error importing avatars and accessories (Roblox changed their code)

Added avatar templates tab with Blocky, Round Male and Anime templates
Added quick functions when working with avatars (Batch rename, clean custom props, Batch hide attachments)
Added Avatar export function in Files export tab (Correct settings are already preset, no need change)

Dummies:
Added Anime dummy
Removed RTHRO dummies and Armatures to reduce addon size

Restart Blender after update

Can’t wait to try this out! Looks pretty amazing!

1 Like

doesnt work the character importer, it says couldnt fin username and i typed it well including the @ and not including it, this addon buggy

Recently Roblox changed their hash codes system in textures CDN, so the addon did not work for awhile, it has been updated after that…
Sometimes Roblox also just refuses to reply requests and there are a lot of them to get all of the parts and textures.

1 Like

Updated RBX Toolbox to v.4.6

Fixed errors importing avatars and accessories for Blender 3.6 and above

Added:
Dummies - added Plushie template with armature, so you can pose it easily (followed RoBuilder Tutorial)

Quick Functions:
Glowing UGC - option to make your UGC glowing in game (it will glow under right condition)

UGC Outline - quick option to add outline to your UGC with preview and faces setup.

Download: Release RBX_Toolbox_v.4.6 · Gl2imm/RBX_Toolbox · GitHub

2 Likes

This is a great plugin, helps me get roblox characters in Blender, but I have a suggestion, Will there be R6 Armatures? I don’t want to animate R15 rigs with R6 style as it will seem like as if the R15 Rig has a curse where he can’t bend his body

Hi, there is already fully rigged R6 with armature in the dummies tab

1 Like

By that I mean there is no r6 armature, sorry if my wording is confusing to you

Hi. There is… Its just looks different from normal armature because custom shape is applied to it

You may remove custom view from each bone or just delete the cubes In the collection

Unless you are saying about Animation Tab, yes there don’t have…

I am referring to the Animation tab