RDC 2020 Status Update

I am excited to watch the RDC 2020 event! Sadly, I cannot attend, but I can still watch this event on YouTube! It is great that the event will still happen! Also, stay healthy and keep washing your hands! :smile:

1 Like

Regardless of what happens, they will most likely still stream the keynotes / important content for everyone.

If they do end up cancelling RDC, there will be a refund for everyone who bought a ticket.

2 Likes

I genuinely need to ask, what exactly is the protocol in the event in which it would be canceled due to an actual case of Covid-19? I, of course, understand people will be refunded their money, however, are there any precautions involved in terms of ensuring all attendees of the event are in a healthy condition to attend? Symptoms for Covid-19 can only be shown after several weeks. Some Airport health monitoring regulations are as well as very poor.

6 Likes

Are there more waves of invites coming?

Biggest scare is, is that the Governor of California estimates that 56% of Californians will be infected in the next 8 weeks.

2 Likes

Discussion is what the forums are for.

5 Likes

Waiting on an invite, unsure if I’m coming due to Covid-19. I wonder the prices for the hotel, let me check.

very nice. i hope rdc 2021 will happen too.

Really happy to see that developers are looking out for eachother really warms my heart… Stay safe everyone!

2 Likes

Have they started giving out invitations to RDC 2020? If not when are they going to start giving them?

They have, they may give out more though I am unsure.

Sighs More waiting? Just a question out of Mind.

Since we are global platform. Why not Have a RDC in Europe, Australia, Oceania, Instead of making us fly over to San Francisco? It’s really not very fair to us in, Australia & OceanIa. Due to costing is way to much.

Please hear us out!

While it does suck, I dont think you and the countless others begging for RDC EU and AU etc. will help, it will come, probably next year and all us in the North West will have to fly to you guys.

I actually appreciate the idea in postponing the RDC 2020.
It’s really great for people who can attend it though I recommend for people who are suspected of the Covid-19 or showing symtomps to stay home just a precautionary measure. Let’s support the attendees by giving good heed to the advice of the professionals by not infecting them if we show symtomps or sickness!

2 Likes

Thank you for speaking out about this. I was always worried about the virus impacting future events, not only about Roblox but tons of other things as well.
I’ve been paranoid for some time, but it’s refreshing that you guys reassured the community about this sudden pandemic, really appreciate it!

1 Like

I think you can see why they’re not having a RDC in Europe, or Australia. Plus, if you’re that whiny of having to fly from Europe/Australia to San Francisco then I don’t think you should consider of going to RDC in the future.

3 Likes

So I don’t know if there is any specified date-- but I would like to know when this will be happening due to coronavirus and it’s causes.

Are u guys still send out invites? Cause I didn’t get one

What’s the invite criteria?

no invite