RDC 2020 Update

Ooooh virtually. This year is going to be interesting.

That would be pretty cool.

7 Likes

Sad, but good news. Will be interesting to see what you guys come up with this year!

5 Likes

Oh yeah another question. It’s related to the people who didn’t receive an invite before. Will they also have a chance to be invited as well? I have some friends who are curious about this, not just me.

10 Likes

I’m curious, will the invite process go by how it was handled for in-person RDC? Everyone that was already invited, they get resent another invite? Will it be email or via ROBLOX PM since it’s now virtual?

4 Likes

I’m hoping that invitations will be sent out for more people. However, I’m worried game server limits may max this event at 200 people, unless they plan to use multiple servers. Either way, can’t wait to see.

Though I’d really love to come to RDC.

8 Likes

So are all developers on the forum invited or only regulars?

7 Likes

Excited for this years RDC, can’t wait to see how it will go!

4 Likes

I’m now curious on how game jams are going to be. :slight_smile: Let’s see how virtual RDC plays out!

4 Likes

It’s a tremendous effort to organise a real life event, but its even more of an accomplishment to pull together a virtual one and plan it within the span of a few months, given the current circumstances. Let’s get some pogs in the chat for the RDC team as I’m sure the virtual event will be super fun!

Obviously invites are still outgoing, and the information is a bit up in the air, but I’m sure we’ll be alerted of these details soon! Thanks for the update and I hope that life is treating everyone on the team well in these pressing times.

16 Likes

I really like this idea, I think more people will be able to make it to RDC this time.

4 Likes

Updated invitations? Are We going to have to pay to attend this virtual conference?

Also, How are we going to socialize? Voice chats? VR?

There is many questionmarks still.

6 Likes

I hope I’m on the invites again!

Wasn’t able to go last year and that was a huge bummer for me!

5 Likes

This is going to be so cool! Thanks! I’m looking forward for this because i’m getting really bored with the lockdown :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

appreciate the update! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This is great news! I’m also curious on how many players will be allowed to team up together for this game jam. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nothing on the forum is related to getting an invite. I was a Top Contributor when invites were going out earlier, and I didn’t get an invite.

9 Likes

I can’t wait! Thank you so much RDC developers of 202 & I can’t wait for the GAMEJAM!

6 Likes

Thank you RDC Team! I hope you all are doing well and that you are in good health during quarantine :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not bad, i am looking forward to the game jam

3 Likes

RDC HYPE!
imagine if the whole devforum community server gets invited, the dfc gamejam team

4 Likes