RDC 2020 Update

Super excited for everything! Love the hard work all of the staff are doing at Roblox to make RDC happen this year! Stay safe out there in these hard times people!

6 Likes

I wonder if more invitations will be sent out due to the digital nature of this RDC… It’s cool that you all were able to adapt RDC to a fully digital format though! Good job RDC team!

3 Likes

Will the game jam be longer this year since it’s a week earlier?

And will JParty present it in the amazing and funny videos like always?

5 Likes

Oh a game jam! I’m excited already, hope to get an invite!

4 Likes

Will developers here who haven’t been invited to RDC initially (such as myself), be invited to the virtual event now?

5 Likes

As the users above said, how will the players be selected? I really want in to listen to all the interesting things there but probably got no chance. Any mkre information on this?

4 Likes

I’m very excited for this year’s RDC. Is there gonna be an official RDC game?

4 Likes

Thank you for telling us this, people might have were getting confused if there were going to be a game jam or not lol.

3 Likes

Not bad waiting to see… what it gonna be this year?

5 Likes

Hm. But you never know. First thing you might be trying to share a game and disconnect, or aren’t anyone concerned about the security about the video?

3 Likes

Will the breakout sessions, engineering panel and keynote be recorded this year? (Obviously Q&A sessions won’t be feasible to do)

One of the main reasons why I go to RDC is to get news about what is coming to the engine & platform directly from engineers.

7 Likes

This is going to be unique and interesting. I can’t wait for this, thank you for the update.

4 Likes

This is really neat. Unfortunately it couldn’t be done in its normal state, it actually is really good as more people can be available as they wouldn’t have locational constants. I cannot wait for the waves of invites to roll out. I’d be glad to join but I can only hope I get invited. I’ve always been ecstatic about RDC. Well, I wish great luck to everyone.

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to find an answer. Will it still be invite only like the actual RDC event was? Or will it be open to more people now?

2 Likes

Since this is all-virtual, I am assuming everyone will be invited to watch? Roblox usually does public livestreams every RDC, so it would make sense if they did the same this year.

1 Like

Pretty great necessary change if you ask me. It’ll be cool to see what people make for the Game Jams this time around :smirk:

3 Likes

Hi! Are there any requirements for invitation for RDC? Are anymore invites going to be sent after the initial wave? Even if some aren’t invited, it would be exciting to see an official Roblox livestream of the whole event!

4 Likes

YES! I was getting bummed with the lack of RDC news, to know there will even be a game jam made it worth the wait!!!

2 Likes

will this be available for everyone in the forum to attend due to it being a virtual event?

Will everyone be able to attend? Or is it secluded to only people who originally paid? Anyways, I’m glad it will still be happening!