RDC 2020 Update

Hey developers,

It’s the moment you have all been waiting for: an update on the elusive RDC. We know its been a wild ride but RDC is definitely happening - virtually.

We still fully intend to stick to the same dates in July (the 24-26th). To reflect the new format of the conference, we will be resending updated invitations.

At this time, we can confirm there will be a Game Jam and it will be hosted the week prior. Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we will be releasing more information regarding the virtual conference and Game Jam.

Obviously, RDC 2020 is going to be a little different from previous years. However, we are doing everything that we can to replicate the most engaging and informative aspects of the Roblox Developer Conference as possible in the face of these unfortunate circumstances.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We hope you’re staying safe and healthy.

Thanks,
Developer Relations

476 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 11 minutes.

I can’t wait for this, should be interesting.

Is there any updates on how invitations will be coming out? Is it for people who were originally going or are they being done in waves again?

Lets hope I’m on the invite list this time if its waves! :pray:

51 Likes

I hope there will be VR support.
Imagine being able to fistbump your buddies in an all virtual experience. :slight_smile:

88 Likes

Will more people be invited since this will be a virtual event now? I am still hoping to be able to recieve an invite, or fill an application to get one :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Sticks and stones can break my bones but virtual conferences can never hurt me.

28 Likes

I am so happy that Game Jam will still be happening this year, that makes me relieved! I’m a bit curious though… Will virtual RDC be in like a game with a large amount of players and stuff or no? If so, the max players would have to be like 500-600 players at least. Even though RDC will be different this year, I am still excited about it! Can’t wait to see this year’s Game Jam theme! See you guys at virtual RDC 2020! :smiley:

33 Likes

AHHHHH WHAT I SEE GAMEJAM YES I WANT TO DO GAMEJAM GAME JAM EPIC. Anyways I’m glad there’s clarification of what’s happening.

11 Likes

Guess who’s still not getting invited to RDC???

Since the Game Jam is a week before the main event, does that mean people can participate in the Game Jam without being invited to the main event, or is it still the same as always?

22 Likes

That’s great! Glad we are doing it virtually so we can keep the vulnerable safe.

Does this mean RDC is still going to be invites-only? Or open to every developer?

13 Likes

RDC HYPEEEEEE!!! even though it isnt in its original format, still super excited!

9 Likes

Since they said “we will be resending updated invitations”, I’d assume it’s still based on invitations.

15 Likes

thats amazing to know that you’re actually doing something about it!! what’s the plan if the virus does exceed the expected time? is it gonna be from home?

5 Likes

What platform will it be hosted on? (zoom, discord, etc)

9 Likes

I’m hype for RDC 2020, and a good thing that the show will go on for developers and the community as well!

:happy4:

5 Likes

That’s great! I thought they would just delay it for next year since everybody is still adjusting!

3 Likes

Good that Game Jam will be this year very hyped for developer team up!

3 Likes

Does this mean that we’ll be basically having a Bloxy awards kind of thing going on with RDC invitees?

8 Likes

Even under these circumstances, seeing that a lot of effort is being put into this makes me really excited for RDC 2020!

I’m pretty excited to see how Game Jam will work in this form, and I have high hopes for it!

9 Likes