RDC 2020 Update

Very interesting I wonder how the items of this event will happen. The main one for which I would like to go to a RDC 2020 :sweat_smile:

RDC 2020, but its virtual instead of being held in some part of the world. Nice COVID-19 pandemic precautions.(Plus I am happy because developers can still update their games during RDC, like it was chaos before haha)

1 Like

Roblox VR hasn’t been maintained for a while and misses features like motion smoothing (Steam :: SteamVR :: Introducing SteamVR Motion Smoothing Beta).

I don’t think it would be a great way to experience the event. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

This might be the best time for roblox to work on it for RDC. It would be fun if the index controllers would work with finger tracking.

Is there anything you need to do to get an invite to RDC 2020? I’d really like to be part of it. So I can get the latest updates and see some friends.

@coolkidtris, How do you get an invite to RDC?

Usually, if you’ve attended before, or you are a known developer, you get included in the first and second waves. lesser known developers i think can send an email of their work to get an invite in the third wave, which is what i did last year.

Or at least i think thats how it works.

Okay, thank you. That’s a shame because only my brother knows I am actually a Developer :expressionless:

1 Like

I sended the work and i didnt got the invite.

1 Like

I do not understand how the invites work or about who gets invited but I really do Hope I get invited. This would be my first RDC event.

4 Likes

Contributed to 25 games, a lot of them are front page. Result - year 2 of not getting invited

upd.
I got invited gamers, thanks devrel!

9 Likes

Wave 1 Invites have been (re)released and there’s no admission fee. It’ll be interesting to see how this is done.

Invitations just went out!

The invitation from rdc-2020-virtual-c5ad@eventfarm.email is legit - sorry about the strange email address.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

102 Likes