RDC 2021 - See You This October!

RDC Fishing Simulator?!
Totally not my gamejam idea.

6 Likes

Rip, I also got school, might not attend. Do we get any items for attending to RDC?

1 Like

This is the news we’ve all been waiting for, and I think it’s a good choice in these uncertain times. Huge respect to the team at Roblox who have had to think of solutions to have a great Roblox Developers Conference in a year where some people still aren’t certain if they’ll be able to travel to it. 2020 and 2021 have likely posed more challenges to the regular planning of RDC, but Developer Relations have done a good job working around these and still being able to bring us an event.

Giving the option of virtual attendance, alongside the in-person attendance that most people were hoping for, was a good choice and I’m excited to see how this hybrid-style approach actually works out. The location for this year’s RDC looks super cool and it’s going to be very interesting to see how RDC this year works out. Can’t wait to hear more information over the next few months as we get closer and closer.

Can be funny to invite little developper. And why not? Like discover new idea or project. I want to see that this year. And If we invite me. I’m gonna try to come.

What kind of circles are you in… faking vaccination cards? Assuming they’re in the US because have fun faking vaccinations to travel internationally.

2 Likes

I haven’t, since I’ve forgotten about RDC and it’s coming in 4 months instead of next month.

Can’t wait to see RDC event!
Unfortunately I will not be able to come because I am in Turkey, but I hope I can participate in a virtual way.

I can’t say much about the first two, but I’ll weigh in on part of the last question:

1. As someone mentioned in a previous comment, governments are working on vaccine verification apps. It does still have the problem of potentially being bypassable, but likely carries more weight (threat of jail time/fines/etc vs. suspension from Roblox events) and may mitigate some of the issues.

Beyond that, I don’t think there’s much that can be done beyond trusting that people will be honest and aware of CDC guidelines as they come in. There will always be a non-zero chance of exposure (either from attendees/staff, locations around the venue, etc.).

1 Like

Oh yeah, question. Is there somewhere where we can sign up or like a reservation for virtual or in person?

Im tryna fish. I got loads of salt-water fishing experience so I’d actually be down to do some fishing while I’m there. Perhaps once invites roll out we can actually get a group together to fish.

3 Likes

I’d really like to attend virtually to at least watch the show, but im pretty sure i will not be invited.

1 Like

XD honestly in the short timeframe of RDC, I think being vaccinated is only meant to be a proxy for not coming to RDC with covid (since you cannot really catch and transmit covid in 3 days), so it would be useful to require proof of testing in X days before RDC starts imo

1 Like

Hey, I was just as surprised as you are. They’re normal people and I do hope that they were joking however I do believe that some people who plan on going in-person might try to pull this off so I mentioned it. People are insane these days…

4 Likes

Never been to an RDC, sounds pretty awesome, how would one get invited? By who? Roblox themselves or…

2 Likes

Do only Regular members get invited even though the ranking system from Member to Regular is being held since September 2020?

1 Like

Can’t wait to see everyone there! Hopefully the Navy approves my leave to give me this weekend off so I can attend!

1 Like

This is gonna be a great hybrid event. Hopefully, I can attend the virtual one.

1 Like

Sounds great! Here’s hoping I get invited as I’d love to attend!

1 Like

No, anyone can be invited. lol

4 Likes

Same question I have. I am wondering if I or someone can get invited.