RDC 2021 - See You This October!

your vaccination card probably

I really appreciate the effort to connect developers in person again, thank you :pray:

11 Likes

How will the virtual event work? Will Discord be required to attend it?

On one hand, I’m excited. This might be the first RDC I’ll be invited to.

I do have to say that the timing is a bit awkward, especially given that quite a few of my acquaintances on the platform (and myself included) are university students, and October is long past the start of the semester.

Really looking forward to it though. RDC is always a great time for the future of the platform to be showcased and an awesome collaboration opportunity for devs.

4 Likes

I am Canadian. Such a thing does not exist as far as I am aware.

2 Likes

Hopefully I get invited, I worked so hard this year.

2 Likes

Also Canadian, don’t think it exists. However I got a piece of paper with signature and details on vaccination, so maybe presenting both of those will be fine?

1 Like

Super excited to attend this year!

It even starts the day after my birthday!

7 Likes

For everyone asking about the proof of vaccination, the EU has already rolled out a system based on internationally recognized QR codes so I’m sure something similar will be supported by the US.

I’m excited for RDC this year! My second mRNA shot is planned for August so I should be eligible to travel in October

16 Likes

How exciting! Just curious on how proof of vaccination will work for those in other countries? Is RDC being locked to US/Canada?

Exciting news!

Congrats to anyone who got/will get invited.

Not super stoked about the event this year.
I could rant about how the timing is just plain terrible and many people have to choose between actual responsibilities and this event but I won’t. I want to focus on the virtual attendance issues from last year.

First of all - merch. The merch last year was super lacking and most didn’t get it until recently with some never getting theirs (me included). Any emails sent about those have been for the most part disregarded by Dev Relations and I worry that we will end up with the same thing again.

Secondly - during RDC 2019, on the 2nd day during the main keynotes, you guys briefly showed the “other” attendees that were all the way in the UK. The way they were shown, it was kind of shaming. They had their own fun and all but a lot of people took it as a “here’s a bunch of losers not being able to come to California” and I kinda worry that in the infinite wisdom that has been displayed so far, this could be repeated and in turn push people away from events like that in the future.

Lastly - in certain circles that I am in, there is talk of faking vaccination cards. I won’t be naming names, as this is against the forum rules, however I feel like this is important to mention and ask. How will you be verifying that the cards are actually real? Will you be pulling our medical records to prevent this? CDC guidelines change especially now with a new variant coming around. How can we be sure that our health won’t be endangered because of other attendees’ beliefs?

10 Likes

So is Game Jam just happening virtually or will we be having a Game Jam in person as well? I’m just a bit curious about this.

4 Likes

Lets goooooo! :star_struck:
Super hyped for RDC and hopefully, I can attend the next one that will be in the UK.

2 Likes

First ever Hybrid RDC! It’s gonna be super interesting to see how everything runs!

2 Likes

This looks like an interesting venue! Well done to the people who chose it! :slight_smile:

I’m sure that for some people the opportunity to attend virtually would be a great solution. Let’s hope that this will be yet another amazing RDC!

1 Like

When are the invites coming out?

3 Likes

I really wish to be invited this year even though I can only attend virtually!

1 Like

I don’t really care if I am invited or not, this seems so cool. First RDC maybe In Person or Virtual, I don’t care.

1 Like

Now this looks VERY exciting! Hopefully when the world is a bit more safer for travel, I’ll be looking forward to when RDC will recommence in the UK/Europe! I’m still glad that there is somewhat normality with an in-person event though!